funny noise clutch??

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
AshR1
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: funny noise clutch??

Post by AshR1 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:39 pm

again thanks for info, managed to get other video up throughout the gears from earlier,

27 secs in there is a loud bang thats just a box of bolts falling over lol, but yes going to get in garage soon as possible and get the old girl sorted because in april parting ways with her unfortunately :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7mCi_P ... e=youtu.be
A Newbie with a 1988 Samurai Hard-Top

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:45 pm

Are you sure that bang was something falling over? the noise changes after that happened.

I would get that gearbox out for an inspection. Is there enough oil in the gearbox? something really doesn't sound healthy but I thinks it's more than one issue.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

AshR1
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by AshR1 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:52 pm

yes that bang was definitely my box in the back, got nuts bolts screwdrivers ect in there and it happened when i was braking, and the noise changed as i went into third gear, and yes oil levels should be fine, but i have just got a load more so going to drain and change tbox/gearbox and diff (as rear diff is wheeping anyway) oils take it for a quick spin and see if continues.
A Newbie with a 1988 Samurai Hard-Top

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Tbh I doubt an oil change will help, I would save the oil until you have worked out what it is. However draining a bit of oil into a clean cntainer and inspecting it will show if there's any bearings etc collapsing in the gearbox.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!