Starter Problem

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
rickpoland
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Starter Problem

Post by rickpoland » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey guys

Seen a few threads on this topic which have helped out a lot so thanks for that - however I have a new issue on the same subject.

Managed to get the starter out (not easy when you have an LPG installation and lots of tubing hiding the top mounting point - not got much skin left on my hands :cry: )

However what seemed an easy dismantling and cleaning job was scr@wed by not being able to remove the two screws attaching the sollenoid to the starter body. This means I can't get the pinion drive lever and armature removed to clean up the bottom end of the starter casing. Managed to clean, rebuild and reinstall today and it's better - but for sure I wan't to have another go as the bottom of the casing is still gunked up and causing some sticking. Sooooooooo........

Any bright tips for getting what should be two easy to remove screws out ? Tried WD40 overnight and big screwdriver power without using too much to mess up the heads as then I'll never get the b@st@rds out.

As always thanks from distant Poland for any assistance. Times like this I wish I was in the UK and pop round to see one of you guys.

Anyway, I'm likely to be back in the UK this summer to see my old folks (they live just outside York) so would be great to know if any of you are from around there and maybe catch up for a Zuk talk over a beer or 2 with some of you.

Cheers for now
RICK
Still just standard SJ413 but love it just the same ! ! !

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: Starter Problem

Post by Henry » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:22 pm

mole grips?

Weld a bolt onto them?

Gd luck. Henry

rickpoland
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by rickpoland » Mon May 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Thanks Henry

Had to have another go at cleaning the starter as it went sporadic on me again - but Polish people seems willing to help out with a push start :lol:

Anyway the molegrips worked a treat on the two screws so managed to get the starter fully disassembled and cleaned up and now working a treat.

So thanks again henry - top tip :P
Still just standard SJ413 but love it just the same ! ! !

Russ24
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Russ24 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:17 pm

rickpoland wrote:Thanks Henry

Had to have another go at cleaning the starter as it went sporadic on me again - but Polish people seems willing to help out with a push start :lol:

Anyway the molegrips worked a treat on the two screws so managed to get the starter fully disassembled and cleaned up and now working a treat.

So thanks again henry - top tip :P

heya, silly question.
can ask you were you get the internal parts for starter motors.. as i have found 5 in my garegae. most are nackered. want to refurb them

who or were did you get the brushes n stuff from?

cheers :)
:russ: