Hi From New Member

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Hi From New Member

Post by donkeychomp » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Just PM'd you.
If it ticks over...leave it

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:07 am

Hi Anton, thanx for the axle info . It seems you have a similar view on engineering . We are getting there but its slow and painfully expensive . However I will say , so far a pug engine lwb Sammy is a beast over muddy very awkward terrain simply trundles over it all without spinning its wheels . It flexes and twists just fine so far I,m impressed and ive had some pretty trick trucks . I,m no mechanical engineer but this has rattled my cage :shock:

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:56 am

Andrews wrote:Bit of an update on Helens truck and a few questions .
As you all know its a re bodied truck originally registered in 1991 as a 413 softop which brings up a few questions as its now bodied as a long wheelbase hardtop samurai if there is such a thing?
As its 91' my guess is that it was always a samurai, it was probably just registered wrongly as a 413, the only way it could have been a 413 was if it was an old stock one that had been sitting around for a few years before it was registered and sold, sometimes samurais are just called 413's as they have the 1.3 engine......

There is a guide here http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/articles/126-buying-guide to what model your truck is, but as it has been rebodied it my of had a new dash board, you will probably have to look at the chassis and see if the lead springs line up with the chassis rails or offset, (off set is samurai)

As it was rebodied as a LWB it was more than likely a LWB before (so the body was a straight swap) the lwb body wouldn't fit on a SWB chassis without modification to the chassis - (not likely as chassis modifications would require an IVA test)

As for soft top - it still is officially, all LWB are, you have a remove able hard top roof there, it should be fibre glass and easily removed....

So in my eyes it's really the same as before!

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanx tramp , your explanation really helps . Because the truck is a bitsa it has been confusing .
Thankyou to this forum for its depth of knowledge and its huge generosity.
We are both very grateful
Helen and Ian :thumbup:

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi everyone , can anybody supply the original manfacturers design laden weights for a 91 sj413 qbx soft top ? These include Axle 1, Axel 2 ,Gross ,Train , towable mass?.
I will explain in due course but its all getting very complicated Help !!!!!
Cheers guys

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:23 am

Ive got this, yours is a "long body" obviously.

I think the tow weight should say 1100/750kg but maybe someone could verify this as this is the only owners manual I have and it's had something spilt on it in the last sticking the pages together :thumbdown:
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 7601 times
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Rhinoman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Rhinoman » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:15 pm

Tramp wrote:As its 91' my guess is that it was always a samurai, it was probably just registered wrongly as a 413, the only way it could have been a 413 was if it was an old stock one that had been sitting around for a few years before it was registered and sold, sometimes samurais are just called 413's as they have the 1.3 engine......
A Samurai is an SJ413. Perhaps we should adopt the Australian nomenclature of 'Wide Track' and 'Narrow Track'.
2006 Jimny JLX+ 1.3 VVT
2000 Vitara 4u2 - Calmini 3+3, 33" MTs, 5:83 R&Ps, winch bumper, remapped ECU.
1986 Suzuki SJ413K - G16 conversion
1984 Suzuki SJ410 - Blitz

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Andrews wrote:Hi everyone , can anybody supply the original manfacturers design laden weights for a 91 sj413 qbx soft top ? These include Axle 1, Axel 2 ,Gross ,Train , towable mass?.
I've never seen the the model QBX before? I've seen QBJX and QJX though.

pretty sure Q means soft top
The B and JX are possibly interior trim codes?

I would just ignore that bit and use the figures i posted for the 'long body' aka longwheelbase
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Hi scottie could you take a picture of that document we need the original registered vehicles axle weights gross weights and train weights as well as tow weights as guess what it appears the original truck was a swb . Hence these questions and the current nightmare re iva . If you get a moment could you give us a call as the situation is looking bleak and ive got another idea to end this nightmare which might be of interest to you or other forum members if the situation goes bad .
ian and helen :cry:

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:41 pm

IVA? That's news! Is the chassis modified for the new body? Could you just quote the same axle weights as the SWB? After all they are the same axles?