88 tin top sammy for sale - South East

A place to advertise all vehicles for sale
AshR1
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

88 tin top sammy for sale - South East

Post by AshR1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Due to buying the 'dream car' I've always wanted I have to put trusty old sammy up for sale.
Its located in South East Kent, (england). WILL BE FOR SALE FROM APRIL 1ST!!!!!!!

Its a 88 tin top sammy been modified a bit by previous owners but i have just spent the year and about 3grand getting it properly road worthy as when I bought it she had a dodgey M.O.T in my opinion and was a flintstone car lol.

here's virtually all information that will cover it all.

M.O.T until November
Registered as 1.3 but had a Vitara 1.6 8v conversion with 87k on it last October.

Had a new clutch, new front lights and 3 new wheel bearings last year also.

Had a fair bit of welding done on it to be honest -
. behind headlights
. front footwells
. passenger sill replaced and drivers had a worst of rust taken out and replaced
. seat belt anchor points
. rear arches replaced
. some around the body mount on drivers side.

Modifications are as followed -
. 4 x 31x10x50r15 malatesta kaimans (one small spair)
. wheel spacers
. vitara fatboy alloys
. power steering conversion (which is very light)
. 2" body lift
. 1" add a leaf spring lift
. free wheeling hubs
. bull bar & rock sliders
. extended wheel arches
. cherry bomb back box (which scares old people on the overrun on downshift)
. cobra bucket seat and harness in drivers side
. snorkel
. light bar
. aftermarket stereo and speakers
. team heko wind deflectors
. chequer plated sills, bonnet and bull bar

- Bad bits
. speedo could do with recalibrating only a few mph out of synch though
. brakes need attention, pulling to let under braking now and again
. weeping rear diff
. small oil leak from engine
.faulty earth i think as indicators tick fast when heater is on or when braking and right headlight goes on full beam when on dipped.

They are the worst bits but there is other little niggly bits like exhaust is a bit rusty and has something rattling inside it but that has never bothered me really, the fuel gauge is a bit here and there when driving but when stationary its fine but think thats because its a bumpy ride for the float inside the tank lol and in my opinion i think at some point it could do with a new radiator, it works fine but is just a bit tatty but cant expect all to be perfect with a 26 year old 4x4.

I will add the gearbox/transfer box is making a noise in high range of revs in 3rd and 5th I've had them both looked at and nothing seemed to be up with them and had oil change in them both and has quitened it down a bit BUT i have just bought a replacement for both gearbox and transfer box for piece of mind.

I have got a few spares to tidy it up also, replacement door cards, door handles and door mechanisms as i keep pulling driver side handle off and think its the mechanism. On driver side there is a bit of window rubber missing so i have got 2 spare doors with the rubber needed so just need to transfer them over. Bought some new hose and T-pieces so can replace the diff breathers as old hose has had it. Have a spare rear seat, I had it taken out due to not using it and seat belt anchor point needing doing in the rear, have got a bit of sheet metal glued in the place if you were to go round it with a welder 'legally' you could have the seat back in. Have a spare CB ariel and a rear brake hose as well and maybe some other bits not too sure.

Thats all, be sad to see it go really, done me well this last year.

P.S I havent really off roaded it, its just been a dog wagon really going in the woods and fields not smashed about by me!! and FatFrog 4x4 are using a picture of it on their Ebay listing to sell their extended wheel arches.

as a ball park figure putting it up for £1500 but make me an offer!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A Newbie with a 1988 Samurai Hard-Top