How to tell if diff is gone??

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: How to tell if diff is gone??

Post by ferris » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:54 pm

I was thinking about taking the rear prop off, sticking it in 4wd so im only using the front axle, untill i can get hold of a new diff. knowing my luck thoe the front one will go aswell :lol: :lol: :lol:
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:49 pm

4eye wrote::jawdrop: oh my...... :jawdrop:

times are hard at the moment.......so it'll have wait......only just fixed the bearing and can't afford to tax it yet......!(sorry fer the violins :roll: )

at least its not as bad a yrs ferris.....should last a while longer....just will have to take it easy with the old girl(when I'm back on the road)!

poor poorly sjs :injured: :crutches: :nurse:
I might have a spare rear 410 diff! if i have you can have it for £20 I'll even fit it for another £20, It only takes about 30mins :mrgreen: even if i haven't got a rear, I've got a front that I could swap your side gears into it to make a good rear, might have to charge a bit extra for that though :mrgreen:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:24 pm

That'll be awsome scottie!! i really need my sj back on the road.......even contiplated selling it last night :cry: :cry: :cry: but come to my senses the next morning.........i love that little truck...couldnt see it going anywhere else....not for a long time!!

Its my birthday coming up on the 20th,(still get cash from parents 8-) 8-) ) so should have the queens english then. will you need me to come to you as i havent got tax yet...if you do i'll sort something out 8-) .

let me know if you do have the dif and we'll go from there buddy......mucho thanx again :smokin:
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!