Sam's Samurai Project

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
sam16v
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Sam's Samurai Project

Post by sam16v » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Yeah cheers guys. Lpg Is awesome i picked up a second hand kit off a vitara for £200 little bit of tweaking and runs spot on cant feel the difference between lpg and petrol. Reckon it has saved me £200 already in fuel. Will get some pictures up of the setup when i get chance, havent had chance yet been to busy blazing around in the snow.

sam16v
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by sam16v » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Well i know its been a couple of months but i did say id put some pictures up of the LPG conversion for Twiss
anus is still going well and is my daily driver, been totally reliable and loads of fun to drive!
Think a new exhaust is on the cards as i reckon the standard 1.3 system is mega restrictive and costing me a few horse power and mpg's, plans for the next month or so is some new suspension ive been looking everywhere for YJ springs but had no luck at all! if i dont find any decent leaf springs i may have to do a coil conversion?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Nice, I'm very tempted by lpg on mine :guns:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:28 pm

I like the way the vapouriser is nicely mounted where the airbox was :mrgreen:
Yeah I am definitely considering it. If unleaded goes upwards of £1.50 a litre I'm doing it!!!
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

SonOfWoody
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by SonOfWoody » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:29 am

very tidy SJ , well done matey :salute:

sam16v
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by sam16v » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:40 am

Finally Found some springs! Bought a complete Set of anus Wrangler CJ springs off ebay, been told the flex and ride should be very similar too YJ springs but will soon see (only difference is front springs are 2'' wide and rears are 2.5'' wide.)
Also managed to buy a complete rolling chassis just down the road for a bargain price, plan is too beef the axles up and treat them too a full rebuild. Clean up the chassis and get it galvanised and powder coated, Fabricate all the missing links needed for the springs, (probably just copy the Trail tough Kit from the states). New extended shock towers and Extended shocks to make the most of the springs. May also try to get the 16v engine built up and in the chassis. then when rolling chassis is complete swap my body onto the new chassis with a small body lift if needed to clear wheels at full flex

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Yep CJ srings do flex pretty darn well too! a lot of US guys run RUF and CJs on the rear :thumbup: b u you can easily run cjs all round.

have a read here. http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,79796.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been designing my own relocation plates for my YJ conversion but these are useful and will work :thumbup:

Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Scott, I'm liking the use of the PDF button ;)
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

mike harris
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by mike harris » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:13 pm

hello sam,

looking very nice mate, you made a lovely job of this, i really like,

i am after a bit off advice really, how did the wireing go on the 16v conversion???

i have next to no knowledge on the engine, other than when i took mine apart, the wiring looks quite complex is it???

i got the whole loom out of the vitara, how much of it do i need to use?? as the dash loom and the engine loom are as one??

whats the best way to do it??

any help would be very helpful !!

thanks

mike

sam16v
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by sam16v » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Mine is currently an 8v Mike but have all the wiring for the 16v and will be doing the swap soon.
Once you get started wiring isnt bad at all you need, a good wiring diagram for the ecu, a multimeter, some side cutters and lots of cups of tea.
basicallly i just worked form the ecu and engine loom and any wiring that isnt associated with the engine is cut off, eg headlights, indicators, horn etc pull the wires out as you go and you will be suprised how little is needed.
There is a guide on an american website but to be honest that just over complicated it.
http://www.acksfaq.com/16wiringharness.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If your really confused drop me a pm and sure we can sort something out.