I thought that noise sounded a little serious!!

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

I thought that noise sounded a little serious!!

Post by Henry » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:57 pm

:lol:

So after the punch hunt last sunday, i parked the truck up on the yard and let the weeks sun bake the mud on so i can spend more hours of my life washing it :S

Anyway ive had the welded diff in it for 6 months or so now, and its useless for trials so i thought it was about time i took it out. Off came the wheels callipers etc, only to find my break pads down to the metal!!! How can they wear so quickly i only put a new set in last year and its done maybe 200 miles! :shock: (typical rover parts :twisted: )
Anyway on the drivers side there was only one pad in the caliper?! Im guessing that it has completely worn away??? as the other was very thin too!

Anyway after popping the shafts out, the wheel bearings seem ok, i popped the diff out and that was pretty well dead! :lol: The oil is like a chocolate that isnt quite melted :evil: I carnt understand as to how any why so much mud can get in? I seal all the joints with mastic/instant gasket including the backing plates on the bearings, and the diff itself! All the breathers are sealed and well out of harms way!
So i spooned some of that out and left it to drain over night.
The rear uj has some play in it so ill be replacing that and getting some new pads on monday!

So i thought, bugger it ill do it on monday! :henry:

Turb()
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: I thought that noise sounded a little serious!!

Post by Turb() » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Mud destroys brake pads in no time! Keep a regular eye on them :-p