what size tyres with 2" lift

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
Lil_Beastie
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: what size tyres with 2" lift

Post by Lil_Beastie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Ive got addaleafs are 2-3inches and im running 30s with offset. Personally think theyre big enough and fill the arch nicely
Speedos out by 10mph compare to my worn 235s which are 5mph out.
Lower power and top speed.
And on fully compressed they just miss the top of the arch and dont rub after replacing the front bumper and bashing the tabs with a BFH

zukisj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukisj » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:48 pm

hey....ive been looking at the insa turbo special tracks...anyone got any views on these..how noisy on the road...performance offroad etc...or is there any tyres you would recommend?cheers

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:10 pm

the special trak is a great off road tyre but its on road manners arnt the best, noisy and not the most grippy dont try an emergency in the wet (we need a brown trouser moment smiley)
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Lil_Beastie
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Lil_Beastie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:10 pm

seems to be from what ive read people have different opinions on even just comparing two makes.
But remoulds seem to be louder on the road and weigh alot more than non-remoulds, however are £££ cheaper.

However IMO I dont like them; the look of the tread pattern, they seem to be "in fashion" and how half the LR owner seem to have them. :guns:
So I run Recip Trial MTs because I liked the idea of tread on the tyre sides, look good and are a mini version of a tractor tyre (so cant be bad)

Thats my opinion tho :tongue:

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:01 am

I personally really like Saharas... I used to have them on mine....

Not quite as good as special tracks in the muddy stuff, but also excellent road manners for regular driving.

I've now got kumho kl-71s which are pretty good
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

zukisj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukisj » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:46 pm

hi again...wasnt really sure where to post this one...all i have left to do on my truck is the exhaust then its ready for mot...just one thing..i want to get a fastback soft top for it...could any of you guys show me some fotos of all the parts i would need to fit it pls...i have a hard plastic strip that goes across the top of the windscreen,and 2 slightly bent metal strips that run down the back on both sides,and a few poppers around the butt.any pictures would be a great help cheers.!!and i think im goin for the recip mt's!

Lil_Beastie
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Lil_Beastie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:34 pm

zukisj wrote:hi again...wasnt really sure where to post this one...all i have left to do on my truck is the exhaust then its ready for mot...just one thing..i want to get a fastback soft top for it...could any of you guys show me some fotos of all the parts i would need to fit it pls...i have a hard plastic strip that goes across the top of the windscreen,and 2 slightly bent metal strips that run down the back on both sides,and a few poppers around the butt.any pictures would be a great help cheers.!!and i think im goin for the recip mt's!

Dont know if youve had a look, but on the DIY section theres a "convert back to soft top" link. Not lots of pictures tho. I want to convert pack to fast back in the summer from my hardtop, but I havent got any soft top bits. :thumbdown:

... Ive got vague plans for a metal dakar or fast back style hard top....

zukisj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukisj » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:00 am

i have the problem of not knowing what i need to fix a soft top onto my sj...i think i have most bits for the soft top...im buying it from monsoon 4x4 cos i cant find a seconhand fastback top anywhere!

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:22 am

If you have a fastback, all you need is the windscreen strip, and the two strips that go down the poor excuse for a "roll bar"
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

zukisj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukisj » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 pm

yup..ideal..got it all on and it looks mean!thanks chaps!