King of the Valleys

Know of any events or gatherings happening at your local Pay and play site? let us all know.

Also the place to discuss Green Laning and the responsible use of B.O.A.T.s
Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: King of the Valleys

Post by Newtomud » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:29 pm

turbo-tom wrote:i think its all wheel drive club , but im not to sure as i aint a member and i aint gunna be one :lol: ;)

I gathered from the talk on here that the awdc isn't well thought of ? And I also thought that from comments on here that the C may have stood for something else..

Maybe Cars?

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by turbo-tom » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 pm

erm im not to sure so im not going on a side yet! :lol: , as i havent been to there events , but im pretty sure its club :lol: ;)
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:10 pm

No, awdc, the all wheel drive club is an awesome club, it's the biggest competitive 4x4 event organiser in the country and all their events are generally well set up and good fun to enter and go to watch. It's just the last new event series they set up called the xtc (xtreme time challenge) wasn't very well set up and had stupid regs, they are governed by the msa who dont really understand offroad racing apart from rally and comp safari meaning that you had to have full mud guards and a rear exiting exhausts, these regs stopped quite a few vehicles from entering that would have otherwise. the set up of the event was also not very spectator friendly and shit to go and watch, well it was at sidbury hill! When it comes to trials, winch challenges and comp safari the events are all run very well though.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:16 pm

A club is a club is a club etc, what makes a good club is it's members, their ideas, values and input. The members of this site seem spot on :thumbup: Any member of any club that doesn't meet their expectations should leave and join or form another club. That's probably one reason that SCUK exists today. :doublethumbs:
Anyway..Kings of the valley, I'll go with you.. We can't compete with million quid monsters so.. Start our own national championship , have simple rules like your vehicle can't be worth more than £1.5k ish and no mods worth more than another £1k ish.
First year, maybe 4 venues/pay and play sites / time trials..Open to all.. Next year 5 or 6 sites or a green lane or two then onwards and upwards.. A trophy will be needed... (My name will be on it in 2013 - titter)

Nothing is impossible - Mrs newtomud and myself hosted a rock concert for charity in 2007. Move over Bob G.