Sj 413 Box same as Samurai?

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
spanish sammy
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Sj 413 Box same as Samurai?

Post by spanish sammy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:29 pm

will get some pics on here but it is defo a 1.0 samurai it has samurai on the dash cast in the plastic and has samurai on a badge at the front of the wings and a plastic grill..now you can see why im confused as you guys know about suzukis and arent sure but this weekend i will get some pics for sure

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Well, I did quite a lot of research before I bought mine and I never heard about a 410 Samurai. A picture of the engine bay would tell us what engine it has.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:21 am

The thing is sjs are called all sorts of things and had different changes in various years all around the world. Europe had different changes in the sj models at different times to the UK and the US had different changes at different years as well.

Basically every market around the world has slightly different sj models, all based around the same model, take for instance the US and UK never got the coily, a jimny chassis,engine and transmission with an sj shell.

So I wouldn't be the least bit Suprised if they did do a 970cc samurai somewhere in the world. All it really means is that they are using a Sammy body and interior but with the 410 running gear. The bit I'm intrigued about is if they used the wider Sammy axles on it then did they produce 413/Sammy sized 4.11 (410)ratio diffs :brows: if so I want to import some.

Also as you're in Spain is there any chance you could find a wiring diagram for the Spanish built sjs ;) its the one wiring diagram that I haven't been able to find and it could be very helpful as they are wired differently to the jap built and US market sjs.

:hands:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

spanish sammy
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by spanish sammy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:58 am

i will try to source a spanish manual for you and and upload the diagram.. i was trying to work out how to upload pics on here but havent worked it out yet.. if its useing the sammy axles could it be the sammy box also meaning no need to change it??

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 am

That would be amazing if you could matey! :doublethumbs:

Unfortunately because the 970cc engine has a different engine to gearbox mounting pattern I really don't think they would have used a samurai gearbox. however they do look pretty much identical from the outside so I doubt anyone would notice that it was not a 410 gearbox if that is what you are worried about?

to upload pics you can either use something like photobucket and then copy the BBC code from the image and paste it into your reply or use the 'choose file' button below where you enter your reply, click 'add the file' and then use the 'place inline' button to put it where you want it.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

spanish sammy
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by spanish sammy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Scottie im not sure if this will help but its all i can find at this time
http://suzuki88.mforos.com/194412/10130 ... ico-sj410/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:32 pm

spanish sammy wrote:Scottie im not sure if this will help but its all i can find at this time
http://suzuki88.mforos.com/194412/10130 ... ico-sj410/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:hands: That is perfect! thank you very much! you sir are a legend! :hands:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!