mixed up my HT leads..

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
jerseyben
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: mixed up my HT leads..

Post by jerseyben » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Hello all,

i have been trying to get to the bottom of my problem with some help from " ScottieJ " but wondering if anyone can help me with this problem.

I have just done a head gasket on my 413 Sami, also re doing the valve seals and lapping the valves.

Just finished putting everything back together and it wont start :( it will turn over but not run. I have double checked the timing with TDC and everything is fine. I have also re-timed the distributor with No 1 lead. I have checked and I am getting a spark and I am getting fuel to the cylinder and also have compression so I am now lost as to why its not starting.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Just been to have another look after work. still no luck :( I tried the leads as they are labelled on the dizzy cap. when doing this the arm inside the cap was pointing towards number 1 on the cap which I had plugged into number 1 cylinder. This didn't work :(

I then tried by having number 4 lead first and this didn't work either. I then repositioned the leads back to as marked on the cap and took the whole distributor of and repositioned the arm so that TDC was starting on lead number 4. this also didnt work. I then swapped the leads around so that the cycle started with 1,3,4,2 and this didn't work either. it seems i have tried every possibility and still no luck :(

HELP :( haha