POTM January - Last few days...... but we have snowwww!

A place for the monthly themed photo comp. A winner will be voted fro at the end of each month and at the end of the year we'll get a calendar printed for the following year using the winning photo from each month.
dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here

POTM January - Last few days...... but we have snowwww!

Post by dan_2k_uk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:06 pm

OK here goes then the start of hopefully a long and interesting game :D (I don't like the word competition its only a bit of fun)

Suzuki Club UK's photo of the month is now up and running.

Please non-camera people don't be put off. I've seen some crazy shots taken on point and shoots and phones.

The theme announcement and entry opening/closing dates for each month will be the 20th.

This will give 10 days ish for the photos to be revealed and voted on and a winner selected by the end of the month.

Scottie has set up an email to send the entries to and I will then post all the entries along with voting details on the 20th of each month. Info on the next months theme will also be provided at this point.

Ideally the photos should be taken within the time frame of the theme but I'm sure if people have some never seen before classics we wont punish them too hard :D

January's theme then:

The start of a new feature... a new year.. and some maybe turning over a new leaf :hahaha: . Lets make things easy on our Christmas dinner bloated, new year hungover selves.

There is no theme. Just that it should be Suzuki orientated.

To sum all this rubbish up then... Choose one decent photo between now and Jan 20th and e-mail it to Dan2K@suzukiclubuk.co.uk including your forum name. Then check in on the 20th for the reveal of the next theme and to cast your vote!

So may the best man win and happy snapping. :pics: :popcorn:

Dan :thumbup:
Last edited by dan_2k_uk on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

Christoff
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Overall POTM details and January 2013 theme

Post by Christoff » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Nice one that sounds good can I suggest a few points please let me know what you think of;

All photos submitted must be taken by yourself, and must be of a car you own or have owned in the past

Nobody is to comment on the photos as they are uploaded to save cluttering up the thread and to make for easier viewing in the future. Although comments are welcome after the final photo is displayed.

Nothing too heavily photoshop'ed I.e your car cut and pasted onto the top of mt. Everest.

One entry per month

A photo cannot be resubmitted for any other month after it has already been used.

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Christoff wrote: All photos submitted must be taken by yourself, and must be of a car you own or have owned in the past
Yes, or your Suzuki in a group, or a Suzuki you are frequently are associated with. NO GOOGLE SPECIALS
Christoff wrote: Nobody is to comment on the photos as they are uploaded to save cluttering up the thread and to make for easier viewing in the future. Although comments are welcome after the final photo is displayed.
This is why we have set it up using the email method. No photos will be seen untill I post them on the 20th with the poll option at the top of that thread and the photos numbered for easy voting. That way each months submissions will be here forever to look back through in one post in one section.
Christoff wrote: Nothing too heavily photoshop'ed I.e your car cut and pasted onto the top of mt. Everest.
Yeah. Bit of cropping or touching up but not much else. Untill we have the "Edited" Themed month ;)
Christoff wrote: One entry per month

A photo cannot be resubmitted for any other month after it has already been used.
Yes

Dan :thumbup:

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 pm

I can't remember what mine even looks like. Never mind take any photos. Be nice to be home by christmas!

Are we doing this just for fun? i.e no prize. I'm not sure if i missed a post/thread somewhere along the way.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:06 am

Yeah just for fun and to see how it goes.

Ricky-410
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Ricky-410 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:11 am

glad you put the frequently associated bit in, i'm high jacking my best mates suzuki until i can get mine out the garden! :snap:

Would a little piece about this on the homepage be a good idea for the first month until the first winner gets to be there? Just so people who haven't saw this thread know about it? might help get entry numbers up?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:39 pm

I've posted this up on our facebook page, this features on the front page of the website so people should see it.

What I'm going to do is offer a few free stickers for each months winner. Then at the end of the year we can have a best of the best where people vote for their favourite pic of 2013 and the winner will receive some scuk swag + a 2014 calender. How does that sound???

I just made a thread with all the details on, anything you guys think needs to be changed/ added?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:23 pm

ScottieJ wrote:I've posted this up on our facebook page, this features on the front page of the website so people should see it.

What I'm going to do is offer a few free stickers for each months winner. Then at the end of the year we can have a best of the best where people vote for their favourite pic of 2013 and the winner will receive some scuk swag + a 2014 calender. How does that sound???

I just made a thread with all the details on, anything you guys think needs to be changed/ added?
What's the first theme?
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:17 pm

dan_2k_uk wrote:
January's theme then:

The start of a new feature... a new year.. and some maybe turning over a new leaf :hahaha: . Lets make things easy on our Christmas dinner bloated, new year hungover selves.

There is no theme. Just that it should be Suzuki orientated.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Oh, I missed that. Thanks.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.