'95 417 td truck

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
kernow_joe
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

'95 417 td truck

Post by kernow_joe » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 pm

joined up the other day and already lots of useful info thought I'd start somewhere to ask all my questions :)

heres my beast as I got it

its fitted with isuzu 1.7td engine, spoa, 2 inch lift springs, 2 inch shackles + 10j wheels!

when I viewed it and picked it up it was running fine, within minutes of off loading it off the trailer it died and the fun started!

found the problem to be split pipe on top of the lift pump which I have now replaced, but still there's another issue ! I'm thinking its getting air locked in the fuel system somehow. It will run for a minute (longer when cold) and then die sounding like fuel starvation.

The lift pumps definitley feeding fuel up to the bay, so I hope the fuel filter is letting in air and getting worse when its warm, and fearing that it may be the pump seals - previous owner ran it on veg for a while which will strip a lot of seals.

also on the cards tonight need to drop the tank again as the fuel gauge earth is non existant (fourth time in 2 days)

dandan
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: '95 417 td truck

Post by dandan » Thu May 23, 2013 11:51 pm

try changing fuel filter, i have 1.7td 1 and would run fine for a bit then engine would just die untill u primed it back up, changer filter never bin problem since

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: '95 417 td truck

Post by Ladaman » Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 am

Yep fuel filter sound probable. I've just changed mine after about 18 months of light running and it was minging the amount of crap that was in the old one.
Try running it with the fuel filler cap off also. It might be a breather that is blocked.
YouTube
Ignis Sport 1.5 16V; Jimny gearbox, 410 transfer box; 5.125:1 Vitara diffs; rear Lockright, Rob Storr full float rear axle, rear discs, YJ springs, virtual lift, 31" Grizzly Claws, beadlock rims, +50mm LR arches, LED rear lights, LED roof spots, bucket seats, Luke harnesses, internal cage