GV 2TD

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
araon
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

GV 2TD

Post by araon » Thu May 01, 2014 6:13 pm

well just new and need help please, bought my 2004 GV 2TD with burnt clutch so removed gearbox to get it out and found the release bearing stuck to the shaft, after having a look around all look ok apart from the front diff input flange just spins and does not seem to be connected in any way is there any common faults I should know about? also what is the best company to deal with for accessories i.e lift kits,wheels? I would like to uprate the suspention and fit bigger wheels it has 235/16/16 on at the moment but would like to know what others do in this department? any help would be great, cheers :smokin:

RickUK
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow
Location: Not sure me Tom Tom is bust,but it could be North of Watford Gap.Could be Bedfordshire though.

Re: GV 2TD

Post by RickUK » Thu May 01, 2014 6:17 pm

I would have thought that if you can turn your front diff it could be that you the hubs are in the unlock position,not sure if they are manual or auto on your model,of course i could be wrong.
Deceased.
SJ413 tinwormed to the great car grave yard in the sky.
Vitara LWB V6 engine deceased and also in the great grave yard in the sky.
www.hideones.info www.hideones.info
Current wheels.
BMW X5 Le Mans 3.0turbo diesel.
Looking for a newish Suzuki Jimny.

Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: GV 2TD

Post by Darrell » Thu May 01, 2014 11:10 pm

When not in 4wd the front propshaft will spin freely :thumbup:
When you put the transfer box in 4wd it also puts the front differential into gear.
Not as good as freewheel hubs but still saves wear on the diff gears and propshaft.
Don't put it in 4wd on the tarmac though as Suzuki's don't have a centre differential.

Dave at http://www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/index.php in known to be very helpful and has plenty of goodies for sale.
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!