sj 413 wont go

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
B.mouse
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

sj 413 wont go

Post by B.mouse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:09 pm

hi i need help i have a suzuki sj 413 with su hif44 carb i have the right neadle and spring got from froum on hear i have replaiced fuel pump fuel filter condencer diss cap roter arm ht leads coil spark plugs fuel line under boniet it will go 150 yards then die fuel fitter half full need help please any idears please

All done hit in the green lanes tonight
Last edited by B.mouse on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Re: sj 413 wont go

Post by twiss » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:25 pm

could be that the tank breather is blocked... try running it with a fuel cap off and see if it makes a difference
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

B.mouse
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by B.mouse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:29 pm

i will go and try that now and let you know thanks

B.mouse
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by B.mouse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:27 pm

That did not work I have just bourght a tank from scrap yard put on tomarrow

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Have you got a fuel filter in the engine bay or the original on the back of the chassis? or both?

Is the carb plumbed in correctly?

Does it tick over ok?

Was it runing ok before you put the su carb on it?
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Post by timwilks13 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:32 pm

if you can get hold of a compressor i would disconnect all fuel pipes and blast them through to be sure they're not blocked.

Also do you have the SU fuel overflow hooked up to the original fuel tank return? I had a similar thing and just pulled that pipe off and it was the issue. Have you got a picture of your SU?
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

Petertea
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Petertea » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:44 pm

It could well be that there is muck, sediment or rust in the fuel tank. When the pump is not running it will fall away from the pickup in the tank then as soon as the pump sucks fuel gets sucked into the pickup pipe blocking it and causing fuel starvation. Fitting a used tank might make matters worse as it could well have a build up of rust if it has been laying around empty. An old trick is to put a load of pebbles into the tank and give it a good long shake around to dislodge the rust before fitting it.

B.mouse
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by B.mouse » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:26 pm

I Have had problem since I had the sj that is why I put su carb on and took Webber carb of I have pic how do I up load them and I think it is pick up pipe let you all know as have just got air line throu it and weldering wire I am about to put back on let you all know how it gos thank you all for ideas and help

I have put tank back on but would not start it all ways starts normally I think it is flooded will take plugs out and start it tomorrow pick up pipe was blocked