Hello from Cornwall

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Echobeach
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Hello from Cornwall

Post by Echobeach » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Thank you all for your warm welcome and compliments. I'm near Falmouth in Cornwall. I haven't been off road in this one yet as I couldn't afford any repairs, it is my only transport at the moment. I do have a little off road experience but that was in Land Rovers.

Echobeach
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Hello from Cornwall

Post by Echobeach » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Tramp wrote:Welcome to the forum, it looks like a nice tidy SJ and red always looks good on a suzuki! In the 80's the UK got a lot of Dutch Sj's as only the 410 was available over here and the rest of Europe got the 413, I think Hermans was the dealer that did packages where you would get travel and lodgings then pick up your new suzuki and drive it home.
Yeah yours is one of the later ones, I bet it has the SPI engine, I'm glad it past its MOT and your getting out & driving it!
Thanks Tramp - never knew that about the Dutch models. One of the advantages of buying it at the time was the commercial van law in Holland. This version was adjusted slightly so that the load space was classed as a commercial vehicle so I didn't have to pay any VAT on it :-). It has a raised bar on the floor of the load space just behind the seats which in theory separates the load space from the cabin. They changed that loop hole in Jan 1994 so that's why mine is registered as built in Dec 1993 as the dealers bought up a load of them. I didn't buy mine new until May 1994. It has had Dutch, Belgian and UK plates in the last 21 years!