Team Pink SJ

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Team Pink SJ

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:07 pm

I've never known anyone bed so many SJ axles :lol: they just aren't up for comp safari in stock form eh :lol: Looks like the final incarnation of axle bracing will be almost bomb proof if you haven't managed to bend them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Team Pink
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Team Pink » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Scottie, since fitting I have not had to worry about what I hit, TBH I think I would break a spring before I bend an axle.

After the winter rebuild I had decided to do at least 5 races with the AWDC, for once many of them were close to hand, or at least as close as they were likely to be to the West coast of Wales! 1st event did not according to plan (what did I say earlier about a pattern) On lap 1 the clutch started to slip, I nursed it until the last lap, however in the meantime the gearbox mount broke meaning that gear selection was a bit hit and miss. On the last lap I slotted 5th instead of 3rd, the clutch was slipping so much that I did not notice and I lost all drive 1/2 mile from the finish. As I had completed over 75% of the laps I classed as a finisher.
I used a Petroworks clutch and managed to get one over from the States within a week so had it fitted before the next race. I cannot praise this clutch enough, without the gearbox mount problem I would have finished the race. As it was I raced for 50 odd miles on a slipping clutch. On removal there was not a single bit of friction material left on the organic face.
I remade the gearbox mount using a spare spring bush to ensure that it would never cause the same issue again.
Attachments
gbox mount.jpg
gbox mount.jpg (593.76 KiB) Viewed 4357 times

Team Pink
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Team Pink » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:53 pm

This bit is not in chronological order but will give an idea of where the project stands atm
Attachments
oct 3.jpg
oct 3.jpg (252.64 KiB) Viewed 4331 times
oct 2.jpg
oct 2.jpg (248.79 KiB) Viewed 4331 times
oct1.jpg
oct1.jpg (252.06 KiB) Viewed 4331 times

Team Pink
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Team Pink » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:54 pm