Benos bonkers build

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
bigben
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Benos bonkers build

Post by bigben » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:43 pm

ok lads just got back home now so ill go and check thanks for the input, i have noticed ive got the brake line to do that travels across the rear axle as its leaking, Im really glad i bought that pipe flarer not its come in handy. The brakes are still really poop even though i have bled them up real good it feels as if there is air in the lines as say 3 pumps and the brakes are there in all there glory? Maybe master cylinder?

Oh yea scottie thanks for the idea it works out real well but do you think the weld is enough for some abuse? My mate tig welded them for me and although they seem fine on the road im worried it will break on the rough stuff !!

bigben
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by bigben » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:27 pm

oh poo piss and monkey turd its different on the chassis and there is no plate on the ds footwell just two rivets helpppp :oops:

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:50 pm

do you mean that the chassis number doesn't match your V5? oh dear that is not good news :thumbdown: those two rivits are what once held the vin plate on.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

bigben
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by bigben » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Yep and yep there's a nice square plate shaped patch with no paint, ohhh feck do I risk calling dvla or break it quick in case it's nicked etc? Arrrggghhhh all my hard work was in vein ???

rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rgonzobull » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Eeek!
LJ80Q

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:34 am

Hmmm dunno what to suggest about that one. Ummmmmm

Cheers Ian

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:47 am

The thing is someone could've just swapped the body or chassis in the past and forgot to swap the vin plate over and used the wrong logbook with vehicles this old it might not be stolen or anything like that.

I'm not sure what to advise really, perhaps a call to the dvla saying 'what would happen if' but without telling them the car details.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

bigben
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by bigben » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:56 am

Yep I'm too scared though lol the history doesn't look too good either the mileage goes up and down every year so it looks like the clocks have been out a few times lol oh god I can't beleive I am going to loose such a good example over a few fecking numbers any more advice is very much welcomed

bigben
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by bigben » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:36 am

could anyone tell me how i can check out where this other vin number has come from, thort there was a checker on the dvla site but cant find it now?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Well what does it say on your V5 should have the model on there. I would phone the dvla as there is a chance you won't loose the zuki and they will be able to sort it out. But like I said don't give them any vehicle details before hearing what they have to say.

I would consider buying a rot box with a V5 and swapping the body over. The chassis don't rot so it could be a good option.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!