Tom's 85' SJ413 (Shake,Rattle,Roll) NOW UP FOR SALE

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Tom's 85' SJ413 Build

Post by turbo-tom » Tue May 15, 2012 4:01 pm

ScottieJ wrote:
ROBBIE wrote::whip: :whip2: :whip2:
Exactly What I was thinking Robbie! Tom just remember you can go out and enjoy it when it's finished! yeah we all have our moments when we loose motivation with a build but you've just gotta go crack on and before you know it all those little fiddly jobs get ticked off the list of things to do!
haha thanks guys , just want to get back out in it and possible sell it as i wouldnt mind going to the dark side of the moon for a change , well hopefully i shall get a good few days on it over the weekend fingurs crossed :salute:
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Sat May 19, 2012 10:01 pm

well today was nice and sunny for once in brighton :D , so popped down to my local factors to get some exhaust paste, but i landed up comming back a few nice hilka cheap screwdrives £1.75 big or small ones bargain :D , and my final guage (pics below) which i got cheaper from other shops i could find , oh and i got me paste aswell :lol:

so today was one of those days doing the silly jobs like finish off all the paint underneath , seam seal etc, painted all in the footwells until i ran out of paint :oops: , and finished off my dash moved cb into the glove box :smokin:

picys :D

painted footwells both sides...

my guages in order:vacuum,oil pressure,voltage,water temp , and rpm
if i had the room i would of had oil temp aswell but i dont:( :lol:

and finally a general view of my dash now

NOT MUCH LEFT TO DO NOW!!! :D
Last edited by turbo-tom on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OllieSJ

Post by OllieSJ » Mon May 28, 2012 7:52 pm

mate do you still have that doner car is it a tin top as I'm looking for one
Sj410Q- Spacers, Bucket seats, Su carb , Mot and Tax

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon May 28, 2012 8:44 pm

j373mud wrote:mate do you still have that doner car is it a tin top as I'm looking for one
doner car what doner car :lol: , is twas a 92 sammy rag top , that was rotten like a dogs dinner. went before xmas mate

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Mon May 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Why didn't you keep the standard water temp gauge in your clocks & use your spare pod for your oil temp?

That's a lot of carbon fibre effect on your dash maybe you could make some door cards up to match? Your switch cluster is really neat are you happy with it all?

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon May 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Tramp wrote:Why didn't you keep the standard water temp gauge in your clocks & use your spare pod for your oil temp?

That's a lot of carbon fibre effect on your dash maybe you could make some door cards up to match? Your switch cluster is really neat are you happy with it all?
tbh when i ordered the gauges it was a bit of a human blonde moment as i forgot that i had the original temp gauge , but to be honest like suzuki electrics its not the most accurate thing in the world :lol:
but yes i would of got a oil temp guage but yeah my mistake :lol:
also to use the tim(has to all match!)
oil temp guage you have to drill into the sump which im not to keen on doing!

regarding the carbon fibre effect there is alot of it but your looking about £40 to carbon wrap them , but yeah im pretty impressed on how its turned out its not exactly perfect but it suits my needs

cheers tramp :guns:

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Mon May 28, 2012 9:56 pm

To be honest, I wouldn't fancy drilling my sump either! It's just another point for oil to leak out of! Yeah I didn't realise it would be so expensive, shame really because it would tie it all together, but dash wise it all matches nicely, well done!

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon May 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Tramp wrote:To be honest, I wouldn't fancy drilling my sump either! It's just another point for oil to leak out of! Yeah I didn't realise it would be so expensive, shame really because it would tie it all together, but dash wise it all matches nicely, well done!
yeah exactly , looking roughly about £20plus for about half a meter square for the real top quality stuff , and also it can chip etc , but i got a bit left over and and tempting to use it on something but not sure yet!

yeah again im pleased how it came out aswell i had no plans for it just going along ad thats how it came out! not bad for a 16 year olds work :lol: :lol: better then xboxes thats for sure :lol:

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:26 pm

well hello guys starting to see light at the end of the tunnel sort of :lol:

The powering steering i would really recommend doing this mod it makes the steering very light and hell of alot more controllable! ;)

splash of paint here and there ,

moved the pump higher up slightly and im running of one belt because im lazy :lol:

Thanks to all the guys that offered to make me up a wedge but i used a jimny box in the end ,because it just bolted straight onto the old sj box mounts/holes

also im going to get some custom pipes made up from my steering to reroute it better from South Coast Hydraulics as there are down the road from me

then the Z bar due to the steering geometry etc not my ideal thing but does the job at the moment :hands: but ihear people use merceddes arms what type/what car had them?

oh and yes cannot belive it i also have one of theses bad boys :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

so just all the touch up painting to do tomorrow , and also got some garden hose pipe to do my axle breathers which i might possible do tomorrow!
also in the process if trying to find some very slim line cooling fans as im going electric fans :D

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Tidy. looking good

Ian
Cheers

Ian. :)

1987 Suzuki SJ413 KJA - Fixed + Modified in my own way