Was Ralph's Tin Top, Now it's Adams after 2 other owners.

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
b6mfd
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: My Fathers Tin Top Daily

Post by b6mfd » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:37 pm

That looks like a good product! Iv just been doing some reading up on it and looks like the sort of product I could do with! People that have used it have written about how it converts the rust rather than breaking it down which would be pretty usefull for tight and inaccessible areas!
Can't find any uk distributors tho....
Sj is looking sweet!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:55 pm

TanZuk wrote:Here is a link to the Ospho web page.
http://www.ospho.com/

They have alternative place to purchase it from on the web page,not sure if you have any of them in the UK though. Try and send them an email maybe that would be a faster way to find out.

Terry

This stuff really works great, hope you can find some.
Thanks Terry i'll email them when I get on a PC and am not on my phone.

Dazerade, yes the rocksliders are welded to the chassis and there are spreader plates on the chassis.
I had the hoops bent up on a cnc mandrel bender years ago for mine but want a different design for the cage on mine so I said my dad could have it in case he ever decides to roll it trialing :lol:

Got both hoops cut down today bit ran out of gas so couldn't start welding it up.
Only got a pic with the front hoop cut down.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Damn this hasn't been updated for a long time! It's been on the road nearly a year :lol:

Karis and I are using it as our daily drive at the moment, looks good with some decent tyres :smokin:

Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

littlesammy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by littlesammy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:28 pm

I love tin tops!
That should look good when its done.!
87 Samurai with added spice !

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:38 pm

littlesammy wrote:I love tin tops!
That should look good when its done.!
It's been done a year :lol: there are a few little bits that need tidying up but it's up for sale soon now that my father has his Lwb.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Looks tidy Scottie.

Be surprised if your Dad parts with it.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

NylonAdmiral
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by NylonAdmiral » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Still got those roll hoops Scottie? :brows:
1.6 16v, Rock Lobster, PAS, Muddyzook rear disc conversion, coated in Raptor, 33in x 10.5, heated seats, lovingly restored by Scottie!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Trotter has bought them off me. But we can bend you up a cage. We'll have to sort out ordering tube!!

Sooooo good to see it back in the Scuk family!!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

NylonAdmiral
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by NylonAdmiral » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Ha ha, yeah definitely. Hopefully will hang on to it for a while too!
1.6 16v, Rock Lobster, PAS, Muddyzook rear disc conversion, coated in Raptor, 33in x 10.5, heated seats, lovingly restored by Scottie!

NylonAdmiral
Winching along now
Winching along now

Re: Was Ralph's Tin Top, Now it's Adams after 2 other owners

Post by NylonAdmiral » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:36 am

Catchy forum title!

Well, in case anyone can't figure it out I've bought Ralph's (Scottie's dad) old tin top.

I've been thinking about buying a standardish truck for a while and have been keeping an eye out.

The story behind it is that ages ago we went out for a day laneing and Ralph took this tin top. I liked how it had been built and it was a tidy, capable little truck.

I hadn't really expressed any serious intent to buy another truck to anyone on here, it had just been in my mind. I was driving home from work one day and spotted a similar looking SJ on someones drive which I liked the look of. I was almost tempted to knock on the door and ask them if they wanted to sell it or had plans for it, at that point I realised it was the same truck, Ralph had clearly sold it and I was kicking myself for not having known it was for sale in the first place; I'd missed my chance! (To be fair, Scottie had probably mentioned it but it's hard to keep track of what trucks come and go at SCUK HQ :hmm:)

Anyway, it turns out the guy had bought it off someone else since Ralph had it and decided to run it as a toy for his girlfriend. She subsequently lost interest in it (I think, I'm not 100% clear on this part) and it sat in his lockup for a few months. I then spotted the same truck come up for sale on a Facebook group. After finally managing to get a viewing sorted out, I bought it yesterday!

It runs pretty rough and is quite smokey but I don't really care as I'm not sure that I'll keep the 1L in it anyway. It seems to be a similar spec to when it left this build thread but with the addition of some ATs. I'll hopefully get a couple of pictures later but it's good to see a former SCUK truck returned to the fold :salute: