My sj

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: My sj

Post by ferris » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Looks good so far mate, glad to see your getting stuck right in :thumbup: .

I like the jacking points you put in the sills.

All i would say though is, if your going to do virtual lift on the front arches you may need to cut a bit more off your new sill, so its flush with the new arch line when you have cut the front arch out. (if that makes any sense).
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Shaun
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Shaun » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:23 am

Cheers ferris for the information. I don't know weather I'm gonna do virtual lift on the front wings? As scotty said I only have to cut the wings out if I'm fitting 33. Plus I'm having problems with my son-in-laws welder. I am same as you was when you started your build a little to none welder and when I stated welding the box section in today it didn't go so well. Don't know weather im using the wrong size welding wire or something but I couldn't get the weld to flow right. So I had to do hundreds of spot welds. I'm even thinking of using my own ark welder. The mig welder I'm using is old and the welding shroud is knacked. And the welding wire is 0.6mm. What size wire did you use?
:edside:

Shaun
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Shaun » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 pm

Still haven't conkered the art of mig welding. But I've welded the first peace of floor back in. Thought I'd practice on putting small peaces of metal back in the front passenger floor and bulk head before I start on putting the rear arches back in. That's all for now laters
:edside: