Jordis 1988 Samurai (Re)Build

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Samurai Remodelling

Post by Edweird » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey, if you're near Scun-thorpe, I could come down once I get my lisence and lend a hand at weekends and term breaks etc.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm just parked up here for the night Ed. I live in darlington. As a hgv driver i get all
over.

Its some sort of life.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 am

Alright, fair enough.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:01 pm

The air filter has arrived whilst i've been away, and on this rare occassion of being home mid week i've fitted it!
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG (106.94 KiB) Viewed 7678 times
Another pic of the exhaust too.
IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0163.JPG (126.53 KiB) Viewed 7679 times
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

albertross74
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by albertross74 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:33 pm

that exhaust really does look super bad ass! how does it sound?
1988 Suzuki SJ413 hard-top with 235/75/r15 General Grabber AT2s & AAL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertross74/
http://www.myspace.com/picturesbyalasdairround

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Given than the old Zuki 1300 lump isn't exactly refined it sounds pretty sweet. Even got a bit of a burble to it.

Still havn't put the back window in yet so when your driving you get the full effect. I'm well chuffed with it!

Im gonna have a shop about and try to get a chrome or s/s heat shield made for it with Suzuki, and the name of the exhaust manufacturer cut into it.

Jordi

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:55 pm

Its sorta time to start with the paint and underseal. Got myself a litre of grey primer, gallon of thinners and other stuff associated with. Im gong to try and make a start this weekend working my way round filling, priming and where neccessary redoing again (not 100% happy with rear arches). I'll try and post pics as we go.

Jordi

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:02 pm

The painting hasn't quite gone to plan, as i haven't started it yet. Got way layed with one thing and another. I've said bye bye to my phat ass GV and Swift sport and now am the proud owner of a Seat Exeo Sport, (Audi A4 knock off).

I have however finally, after nearly 5 years of ownership serviced the Zuk. Oil, filter, cambelt and fan belt. Last time i did this i cocked the timing up 100%. This time it went spot on, just swapped the belts turned it over by hand and then cranked it up.

Since it's MOT the furthest its been is the tip to remove the no longer required rust and waste from my garage, tomorrow it goes to work. Given that it has no back window, no paint, lots of bare metal and a leaky roof i'm hoping for some nice weather. For safety reasons it'll be getting parked in the warehouse too. The fact that it will also stop it filling up with water should it rain is just an added bonus.

Knowing my luck it'll be sunny tomorrow and when i get back on friday or saterday to come home it'll pee down.

I have organised some holidays for next week. Im away tues to fri, so hopefully the weekend either side i will actually get some paint splatted on it.

Jordi

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Whilst I have painted bits and pieces before, whole cars, wings, wheels etc... I dont remember it being so time consuming, but I think thats because I used to have soooo much spare time. I got home bout 2 ish on Sat 31 July, was at home Sat aftanoon, sunday, monday. Away tues, weds, thurs, home bout 2 friday aftanoon, and again at home sat & sun. The sum total of all the body work I managed to get roughly filled and painted.....
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG (92.4 KiB) Viewed 7528 times
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG (71.7 KiB) Viewed 7528 times
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG (85.17 KiB) Viewed 7528 times
I dont know if i was just being lazy, but I was working in Belgium weds, thurs, fri and got the boat back fri night / sat mornin and was just too knackerd. Then having been away for a few days all i wanted to do when i got home was chill before going back to work. I have organised an assistant for next weekend tho. So fingers crossed I will get some motivation soon. I feel like progress has ground to a halt again.

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 pm

I feel your pain. I spent all weekend sanding and filling mine, cant belive how long it takes :|

What colour are you going for? Are you going to spray it, or paint it with a roller??
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.