Sam's Samurai Project

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Re: Sam's Samurai Project

Post by andyrew » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Opps my bad got distracted by shiney car pictures :lol:
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

sam16v
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by sam16v » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Well got it all done and had a wicked weekend! the new suspension worked a treat! Missing links up front gave plenty of flex, whilst the longer springs all round greatly improved the ride. Some new shocks and shock towers are next on the list. Here's a few pictures...............
Finished Suspension and bumper
And a few of the weekend

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:49 pm

:rockin: looks like its working well! How many leafs did you end up running on the CJs, I need to get myself some new shocks as well, mine are limiting my droop travel quite a bit, I'm thinking about ordering some 14" bilstein 5125 from the US, they're loads better than rough country and not a huge amount more expensive.

What site did you go to? That last rocky track looks awesome fun!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Looks like a good days off roading bud.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

sam16v
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by sam16v » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:32 am

Cheers both, was at Baskerville Hall near Hay-on-wye. amazing site! Didn't get too many pictures as i was driving non stop! Were some really challenging bits. Could spend a week there and not do it all. Running 6 leafs on the C.J.s, Have looked at the bilsteins Scottie, they sound good although the yanks seem to rave about them doetsch techs also? Need to make the shock towers first, see how much travel is available.

sam16v
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by sam16v » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Well, did a few good weekends last year, pushing the truck more and more, Last one was Seven sisters in December was one hell of a day! but managed to shear the pinion clean off my rear diff (Vitara ally casing) whilst, trying to be all king of the valleys! haha. The old girls been sat on my drive ever since!
Anyway time to sort her out for the summer.
Been itching for a Turbo Diesel, but haven't really got the time, to do the whole lot in one hit. luckily a solution popped up in the Classifieds, Gaz or gp1786, was selling his conversion kit, so the deal was done. Top Bloke too!
I know most of the users here are petrol engine lovers, but always had a soft spot for a dirty diesel! and for the off roading that i do think the diesel will work a treat!
The fabrication done by Gaz is top notch! very impressive! engine mounts are very nicely done, prop shaft adapter fits a treat. all dropped in like a factory fit.
Still a lot to do though, decided to swap out the radiator for a bigger unit (200tdi landrover), have redone all of the boost piping, added a power steering pump to go with the Jimny Box, new fuel tank and lines to replace the rusty standard ones. Its starting to come together nicely.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Damn it's been a while! Good to see you back on here and still working on the SJ.

Looks good :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

RickUK
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow
Location: Not sure me Tom Tom is bust,but it could be North of Watford Gap.Could be Bedfordshire though.

Post by RickUK » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:26 am

That Turbo Diesel fits in that engine bay a treat,out of interest what engine is it from ??
Deceased.
SJ413 tinwormed to the great car grave yard in the sky.
Vitara LWB V6 engine deceased and also in the great grave yard in the sky.
www.hideones.info www.hideones.info
Current wheels.
BMW X5 Le Mans 3.0turbo diesel.
Looking for a newish Suzuki Jimny.

gp7186
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by gp7186 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:13 pm

Looking good sam it was a pleasure to do business with you. That 200 tdi rad should cool very well and it fits nicely
1991 Suzuki Samurai, 1.6 16v MPFI, 4.16:1 Transfer Box, Rear Lockrite Diff, SPOA, YJ Springs, 31X10.5x15 Maxxis Trepador Tyres on BK Wheels, 8000LB Winch and Bumper, PAS Conversion

sam16v
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by sam16v » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:25 am

Cheers folks, Rick the engine is a 1.9td peugeot lump out of a 306 D Turbo