Vitara Engine mounts in a 410

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
powell1832
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Vitara Engine mounts in a 410

Post by powell1832 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:47 am

Whilst I am getting the welding done I am thinking about getting the engine mounts put on for when I get a Vitara 1.6 8v Engine etc. With this in mind can anyone tell me the exact measurements from the current SJ410 engine mounts so That I can get them put on in advance?

Ta
THE SHORTEST DISTANCE BETWEEN TWO POINTS WILL ALWAYS BE A STRAIGHT LINE

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Vitara Engine mounts in a 410

Post by carnut » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:18 am

i think if you go to the club home page,, there a write-up somewere there..

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:12 pm

its one of those things that it's prob best to get the engine sat in position first as that way you can get them exactly where you need them. I'll dig out norv's write up tomorrow when i'm on a pc and not my phone as he has some good pics of how he did it.

Then again if you're getting abdul to do your welding he'll know where they need to go.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Kirkynut
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Kirkynut » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Look at Muddyzook.com as they sell a converstion kit for the Vitara engine and there is a comment on there that it will fit the 1 litre engine also. I'm not so sure but they might have found a way.

All of the conversions I have seen before are to fit a 413 gearbox and I've been told that the transmission tunnell is a bit tight for one in a 410 and that the holes for the gear stick is not quite in the right place.

Give them a call / send them an email and see what they say - then let me know on here as I'm interested too!!!

Kirkynut