Suzuki SJ410 1989 Transfer Box HELP

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
HertfordshireGreenlaners
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Suzuki SJ410 1989 Transfer Box HELP

Post by HertfordshireGreenlaners » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Hi guys straight to the point, My 89 SJ410 (5speed) has what I believe to be a knackered T-BOX there is play on both the front prop shaft flange and the intermediate shaft flange I've been under the old girl and given it a good wobble about and can identify the play is not in the UJ's ans but the flange itself which would lead me to believe more than one bearing inside must have failed, can they be rebuilt as I can't see to fine any input/output bearing kits for sale just the o rings and gaskets Coke up in the rebuild kits, Any suggestions or help ? Do I try and save/rebuild it or do it find another transfer box ?

Cheers KIEREN :guns:
(FIND US ON FACEBOOK) Hertfordshire Greenlaners

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Suzuki SJ410 1989 Transfer Box HELP

Post by Tramp » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:57 pm

If it's a 410 transfer box, you'll soon find they are quite expensive as they are the most desirable for 413/samurai/jimny owners (as they are the lowest ratio), I've changed an input bearing on my transfer box before and it wasn't too hard, when you start stripping it down the old bearing you remove will have a sizing number in it, you use this number to order a new one which will be the same dimensions,

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Re: Suzuki SJ410 1989 Transfer Box HELP

Post by andyrew » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:16 am

Richard at rockwatt eng. Used to be about 100quid to recon/rebuild A tbox. New bearings seals etc. Prices may have
Risen now and hes a busy dude.

Considering a secondhand 410 tbox can range between 60-90 on ebay. In unknown condition. A rebuild makes more sense to
Me. Maybe worth droping him a call. You can find him on facebook.
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium