sj wont budge

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
dixie74
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

sj wont budge

Post by dixie74 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:57 pm

hi guys.just gone to move the sj, and it doesnt want to!i havent driven it since it it died at the last pay and play day,so i jacked it up expecting to find the brakes had seized on but all 4 wheels are spinning fine,but when back on the ground,i tried to push it forward then back and its allmost like having it in gear. i think the clutch took a bit of a hiding last time out in the mud at boxgrove(didnt smell that good)! any ideas what to do? :| as clutch is probably brown bread now,any suggestions what to put in when i do the engine swap from 410 to vit engine/413 box gladly appreciated :lol: :lol: :lol:

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: sj wont budge

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:46 pm

has it got a tbox handbrake? If so that could have seized on? Hit it with a hammer :lol: have you tried putting the tbox in neutral?

?????????
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Like scott said...

Dont tap it... whack it!
:roll: :twisted:

dixie74
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by dixie74 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:52 pm

thanks guys,will give it a damn good beating in the morning!!(the suzuki that is). managed to get 1 pic on under new members-zebrazook ,but the whole copy/paste thingy doesnt seem to work on this computer :|
cant wait to figure it out though,as i have more pics to put on.
looking forward to the engine swap, as 1.6 will hopefully do better up the hills than 1.0l :P :P :P
cheers
dixie.

dixie74
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by dixie74 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:12 pm

thanx for the helpfull advice re sticking drum :lol:
tried tapping it,then wacking it.............followed up by 15 stones worth of beating the hell out of it and guess what????? i won :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sj now rolls back and forth easily.shame i cant start it though 8-)