Swapping over shells....

fitting new seats? welding up arches? Painting your SJ? post your queries here
Martin86
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Swapping over shells....

Post by Martin86 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:26 am

ScottieJ wrote:
donkeychomp wrote:Got to ask why you are swapping a soft top for a tin top?
I would rather a tin top over a soft top any day. We live in the UK :lol:
Tin Top FTW :box:

keyring
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by keyring » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:25 am

ScottieJ wrote:I would not swap the dash or wiring unless you really have to. Will make the job take loads longer and there's not really much point.
I'm not 100% convinced all the wiring is there with the new shell, but by the sound of it I'd be better checking and wiring the engine and lights up to the dash and wiring that is in the new shell is that right?

Cheers

And yeah, tin top for the practicality of having everything enclosed and water tight. Should be a lot warmer too!

keyring
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by keyring » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Had a check today, the wiring all seems to be there, so definitely seems a better idea!
Quick question, when removing the rear bumper I've noticed there is about 6 earth's going from the lights to the chassis, is that from factory?
And I assume some wiring will be different(including even just colour wise) since this a samurai shell and its a sj410 I have just now

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Don't worry there are a lot of earths, in mine I have at least one I from each light cluster, one for the fuel tank earth, one for the tow bar and each number plate light is earthed indicidually, so maybe 6 points distributed over the two earthing points- in my case I have one on one point and x5 on the other,