combatkenz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Fitting a winch bumper

Post by combatkenz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Has anyone fitted this bumper?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-SAMUR ... SweW5VK-3K

It mounts to the front tubular section at the front on the chassis.... I can't get the bolts in because theres no space behind it! My 7 year old managed to get some in but I have do idea how you can tighten them. Any help would be appreciated otherwise I'll be sticking the old bumper on and flogging it!

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Re: Fitting a winch bumper

Post by timwilks13 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 am

Im not sure I understand, do the bolts not line up? There should be plenty of room to get your hand up from the bottom to reach the bolts no?
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Fitting a winch bumper

Post by Anton » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:44 pm

Pics of your problem would be helpful - I can't visualise in my head what the problem is, and I know that area of an SJ really well. I spent hours on mine making a custom bullbar/mini bumper once.

Also - did it not come with any instructions? The guy selling this thing can't explain to you how it's fitted? Not saying that we're not willing to help you (of course we are, that's the whole point of this place!) just that he's had a wad of cash off you, a little help fitting it is not out of the question, imo. And he should know best what's what.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map