Vitara 2015 window switch

fitting new seats? welding up arches? Painting your SJ? post your queries here
Kieranm105
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Vitara 2015 window switch

Post by Kieranm105 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:20 pm

Hi
I have a Suzuki vitara ly 2015 and the passenger side electric window switch doesn't work when trying to put the window up.
The window does go up and down on the drivers side switch cluster so it can't be the regulator.
I have a replacement switch for this to fit.
Looking at the replacement switch and the trim on the door, it should be straight forward. However I'm stumped on how to get the old switch out.

Has anyone replaced a window switch and if so how do you remove the trim etc to get it out?

Thanks
Kieran

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Vitara 2015 window switch

Post by maxaret » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:49 pm

Hi Kieran
I don't know if the later cars are similar - but our 2005 Vitara 3dr has a switch on the door panel to kill the power (disable) to the passenger front window,it is easy to press by mistake/hit with elbow etc.

Kieranm105
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Vitara 2015 window switch

Post by Kieranm105 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Went to In-laws today for Sunday tea, and got an extra pair of hands to look at this.

To replace the window switch means taking the whole door card off.

1) Remove the Tweeter cover and unplug the cable.
2) Remove the small piece of trim behind the door locking handle and remove the screw at the back of this.
3) Remove the screw in the door pull handle that is under a tiny cover.
4) Starring at the bottom with trim tools, carefully pop the fasteners off and pull the door card off.
5) Unplug the window switch, there is a release underneath the socket (twist the door card around to get at this, 2nd pair of hands comes in here).
6) Remove the screw from under the window switch.
7) There are 2 small lugs either side of the window switch, push these out with a small screwdriver and pull the switch down.
8) Plug in the switch and test before refitting door card etc. I got a used switch so needed to test it.
9) Refit the card etc in reverse.

All good now, easiest door card I've had to remove.