Engine management light 42 errors on please help

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
Alex.k
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Engine management light 42 errors on please help

Post by Alex.k » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi guys just join up .im hoping you can help i just brought a 2004 mk1i think suzuki grand vitara 2.0 petrol .the seller told me it just had a bad o2 sensor that needs replacing. I took it to a garage to be plugged in and they said it came back with 42 faults i was like surly not that's about every one on the car .the car starts and drives .when they reset the ecu all 42 faults come back soon after .so can you guys help as to why this is doing this i think it could be a faulty ecu the garage is sending the ecu off to be tested but if its not that what would it be. Many thanks alex

Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Engine management light 42 errors on please help

Post by Darrell » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:40 am

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum. To be honest with all those codes I don't know where to start :er:. I do have the workshop manuals for this but they will only help with individual codes. Please let us know how you get on.
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

Alex.k
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Alex.k » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:58 pm

Will keep you updated when the ecu comes back . Its only had 2 owners and done 51000 miles

Alex.k
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Alex.k » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:35 am

Hi guys can someone give me some info as to what model number my grand vitara is and what engine number would be in it . Its a 2004 petrol 2.0 litre the same body shape as from 2001 to 2005 .The difference in mine from earlier spec is the dash board layout and steering wheel .ive found some online manuals but unsure which one i need to look through. As im looking at the control modules which all seem to link to one another and as the ecu is being sent off too see theres a fault im just wondering if another module is causing the faults. Also can any tell me what the BCM is and if i have one body control module may this is faulty .

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Alex.k wrote:Hi guys can someone give me some info as to what model number my grand vitara is and what engine number (do you mean the engine code number. J20A) would be in it . Its a 2004 petrol 2.0 litre the same body shape as from 2001 to 2005 .The difference in mine from earlier spec is the dash board layout (2003 onwards got a new dash) and steering wheel .ive found some online manuals but unsure which one i need to look through. As im looking at the control modules which all seem to link to one another and as the ecu is being sent off too see theres a fault im just wondering if another module is causing the faults. Also can any tell me what the BCM is and if i have one body control module may this is faulty (The BCM is fitted in the 2003 onwards dash, It's the unit with the clock in it.)
You will need the workshop manual SQ416,SQ420,SQ625 and will need to be the 2002 print version which is not so easy to find.
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!