2012 SX4 Cruise control

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
philnz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

2012 SX4 Cruise control

Post by philnz » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:22 am

My dilemma is this……

My model 2012 sx4 NZ new has all the wiring for fog light and other stuff. (Like heated seats) I am retro fitting the fogs myself because it is easy.

The model is GYB51S. In Aussie that model has the fogs, heated seats and cruise control as standard,

I am just wondering if the wiring for cruise control may already be in my vehicle and only require the oem switch and a tweak to the ECM.

The vehicles would both be assembled in Japan. One for Aussie and one for NZ. I can’t see Suzuki using two different looms.

I just don’t know how to find out before maybe spending Aussie $630 on the kit.

Do anyone know where I could get that info?

Suzuki NZ do not seem to know.

thank you

Phil

Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: 2012 SX4 Cruise control

Post by Darrell » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi Phil, this is the circuit diagram for the 2009 model. I have no idea if the 2012 is the same as you won't get those workshop manuals as PDF files. My biggest concern is whether the ECU is equipped to handle the cruise control as standard. I would look to see if the wiring is there for the extra switch on the brake lever and what would go to the control switch. Please remember this diagram may not be relevant for your year. You may be able to access more recent manuals for a daily charge (I'll see if the SX4 is on the list) or maybe somebody with access to the Suzuki portal can assist (you have to pay for this and be VAT registered. Meant for garages :thumbdown: ).
Attachments
SX4 cruise control 2009.jpg
SX4 cruise control 2009.jpg (244.03 KiB) Viewed 4680 times
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Any more info on the kit. I'm just wondering if the clockspring has the extra contacts needed if the cruise controls go on the steering wheel as the standard ones would.
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

philnz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by philnz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:39 am

Thank you very much for your help. Any further info would be much appreciated. It is impossible to get in NZ.