Key fob batter Suzuki Baleno SZ4

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
raysmith1936W
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Key fob batter Suzuki Baleno SZ4

Post by raysmith1936W » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:54 am

Car is jtwo and a half years old with very low mileage. From the outset the key fob batteries ( 1 x CR2032 in each fob) have required frequent replacement. Supplying dealer not very helpful -'one of those things;. Batteries fail rapidly and this has caused problems with difficulty of unlocking car to load contents of supermarket trolley. Since March 2020 batteries have been changed 3 times.
Car is garaged some 30m from house behind metal door which should be good against rfi. In the house the keys are not kept together (dealer suggested they might 'talk to each other' ) but in separate steel boxes again providing good rfi protection.Since March car has been used for one shopping trip a week at most.
My conclusion is that the fobs are and always have been faulty and are not switching off completely. There have been instrasnces of a 'bad batch' or electronic devices of this type.
My inclination is to ask for two new fobs under warranty as the alternative is for my wife (77 and the only driver) to carry spare batteries and a suitable opening tool with her at all times and be prepared to change batteries in the wet and cold of a supermarket car park.
Questions are: anyone wiht similar experience and if so what was the solution and secondly how do you rate the chances of replacement under warranty. We have no experience with warranty claims with Suzuki as our 32 year old SJ413 (35000 miles) havs never needed anything and it was largely on the basis of this reliability that we bought the Balena