Sazuki Sj Headlights Stuck On,.

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
border
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Sazuki Sj Headlights Stuck On,.

Post by border » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:19 pm

Passed MOT the other day with flying colors :D Just finished getting another heater box fitted today, I now have Heat but now have another problem. Noticed Id pulled a wire out from back of fuse box that worked my fog light, tried to wire it back in but couldn't get it to work from switch as it used to, Anyway noticed that a couple of wires had been pulled from back of switch, so just disconnected it. Got everything back together and looked up to see headlights stuck on. now after reading a few stories about the Dim Dip Relay I finally found it and un plugged it But headlights still stuck on.Anyone got anymore Ideas,? this thing is doing my head in now,
Please Help

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Sazuki Sj Headlights Stuck On,.

Post by donkeychomp » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Do you mean the lights won't turn off at the switch? I had the same problem and just got another one. Got sick and tired of disconnecting the battery every time I parked!
If it ticks over...leave it

border
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by border » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:02 pm

donkeychomp wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:36 pm
Do you mean the lights won't turn off at the switch? I had the same problem and just got another one. Got sick and tired of disconnecting the battery every time I parked!
Switch seems to be working as in turning but They are constantly on all the time, unless I disconnect battery or pull the fuse. was OK until I started fiddling with reverse light switch.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:23 pm

Sounds like you've just wired the fog light switch up wrong. Is your Sj Jap or spanish?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

border
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by border » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:16 am

Its Jap Mate,everything was working fine until accidentally pulled wires out when putting heater box back in.
The fog light is disconnected now,

border
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by border » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:26 pm

Spent all afternoon fiddling about with the dim dip relay thingy as mentioned on other peoples storys was convinced it was that, just about to give up and accidently knocked a wire under the dash and the bloody lights went out.
Turns out I had nipped a wire when tightening the round bar that goes along the dash, so working fine now.
Thanks for Help though :thumbup: