spare key sets off alarm

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
Doufal1962
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

spare key sets off alarm

Post by Doufal1962 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:27 pm

Forgive me if this is not the correct forum for this. I have a Vitara but I have an Ignis that I bought second-hand too and I didn't think the question to be specific to the Ignis anyway as follows:
My Ignis is 2018 registered and still within warranty but, I don't know if this query relates to a warranty resolution.
The spare key that came with the car - which has a Suzuki embossed logo in the plastic and therefor looks genuine, is a manual key. That is it doesn't have a transponder. The plastic is solid and thus no electrinics inside.
The first time that I used the key I had no problem. I drove the car from being parked around the corner to my garage. When I was finished working with the car I drove back to where it was parked before and when I got out and locked the car, the alarm went off and didn't stop until I got into the car and started the engine again.
I stopped the engine and got out and locked the car with the transponder key without fault.
What could be the problem?
Have I used the key in the wrong fashion? I used it just the same way as the transponder key.

Thanks.