Suzuki Wagon R Speedo/Instrument cluster issue

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
wobblymike
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Suzuki Wagon R Speedo/Instrument cluster issue

Post by wobblymike » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi
I have a 2002 1.3 Suzuki Wagon R. Its a cracking car and is running very nicely. For a while now I have had a problem on and off with the speedo. Every now and then it just stops working then a day or so later starts working again. It could be fine for a while then it happens all over again. The only common denominator I can come up with is that the act of reversing can trigger it. I noticed that when reversing the speedo registers a speed of around 5mph. The problem has started to happen more often recently so I obtained an new instrument cluster via e bay and today I replaced it having first checked all the bulbs for serviceability. When I powered it up the first thing that happened was the word INSP came up on the odo then it switched to the mileage. I went for a run it and noticed the ABS light was on as was the battery/handbrake warning light (the handbrake was off) also the speedo read no higher than 10mph. I refitted the original cluster - no lights showing. The two clusters are identical so I am mystified. I also checked via the OBD port to see if any fault codes were set - none were. Any ideas about what is causing the lights to be lit on the new cluster would be welcome.

90Ninety
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Suzuki Wagon R Speedo/Instrument cluster issue

Post by 90Ninety » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:12 pm

Was this ever fixed

I have a stuck on abs light