Tailgate wires on 2003 Jimny soft top

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
R1tchy
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Tailgate wires on 2003 Jimny soft top

Post by R1tchy » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:54 am

Hi all,
I am new to this forum but have owned several Jimnys and love them.
I currently have a 2003 jimny soft top, which is a bit of a project really, and I am wondering if anybody could assist me with a query?

It's not an electrical issue as such, but I was replacing the 3rd brake light on the vehicle recently, which required me to remove the interior panel on the tailgate. However, once I had removed the panel I discovered 2 wires behind the panel which weren't attached to anything. And there appear to be no accessories for them to connect to.
Does anybody have an idea what the wires are for?
I am just interested because while I am working on the car I thought I could add any additional items/accessories at the same time. But I would need to know what accessories I am supposed to purchase. Haha!

I am guessing interior lighting or something along those lines. But any wisdom from you guys would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: Tailgate wires on 2003 Jimny soft top

Post by Jordi » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:41 pm

Same loom as hard top? Could have possibly gone to heated rear window?

Central locking not wired in? Not working?
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank