Electronic transfer case problems...

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
Hermida
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Electronic transfer case problems...

Post by Hermida » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:31 am

Hello,

I own a Suzuki Jimny (Vin: JSAFJB43V*********). The vehicle have an electronic traction control allowing the driver to select between 2WD, 4WD & 4WD-L through three buttons on the center console. I realized that it is permanently on 4WD, it doesn’t engage 2WD or 4WD-L anymore . When turning, the front tires are hooking. I work in Nigeria and here there are no serious Suzuki workshops, most of the repairs I do them myself but now I have an electronic issue… I have been looking on the internet to see if I could download the service manual of this Jimny, I found only one site that have a free link to a PDF file but it goes up to section 6. Section 7 is not included and that is the one for the gearbox and transfer. I have purchased from many websites the Jimny service manual, none of them include the electronic transfer case type but only the manual transfer case… I would like to know if is possible to replace the electronic transfer case with a manual one or if there is a kit that allow me to convert my electronic transfer to manual one purchasing the linkage… What is the part number of the workshop manual for the late Jimny that have the electronic transfer case?

Thanks a lot for any info!

Kind regards.

Alex.

EDIT: Admin deleted VIN as its not a good idea to share online

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Re: Electronic transfer case problems...

Post by SherwoodNash » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:21 am

Hi :welcome:

Funnily enough, just this past weekend I downloaded the same manual on pdf as you, and also found the second part missing.

However managed to find the Section 7 onwards pdf later (I was after the diagram of the exterior 'splash' guards, Section 9)

I'll sort you out the link shortly :thumbup:

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by SherwoodNash » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:33 am

Part 2 here, just click: 'Skip the ads' in the top right corner, and best to save file rather than open it.

http://adf.ly/1OByez

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:59 pm

I wonder if the transmission has simply been wound up. try reversing while switching back into 2wd, sometimes you need to reverse quite aggressively.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Hermida
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Hermida » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:17 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your replies, forums are like life jackets in the middle of a storm. I subscribed many Suzuki clubs and here is the only place I got replies even if they did not help much but at least I finally see I am going somewhere!!!

Thanks ADMIN to delete my VIN (JSAFJB43V........), I didn't realize my mistake. I checked with some VIN DECODERS, and guess my car is JB43 like is writhed in my VIN? And the year is V = 2000?

Thanks SherwoodNash for the link of the manual. In which section is the trouble shooting of the electric transfer? I think this manual is the same I have paid to download more than 5 times and all are the same, no one has the section of the electronic transfer case.

ScottieJ, I did any kind of trials including your suggestion but the result is always the same. We all know that this three buttons system is straight forward, we don't need to be rocket scientist to select between different transfer positions. I have an electronic issue and would like to solve it the cheapest way... To convert my car to manual transfer finding the parts, importing, clearing, installing and setting everything to work properly will be a headache and that is why I am searching that manual so badly.

Cheers.

Alex.

Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Darrell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Welcome to the forum. I've spent many, many hours searching for workshop manuals. Your be pleased to know I have the info your after. I don't generally post up manuals as it's a bit naughty ;), but here (temporarily) is the transfer box section. http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ypypzc18 ... er+box.pdf
Keep us informed how you get on :thumbup: .
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Well i've just had a search and I don't think you will be able to convert it to manual, It's quite a bit different to the earlier type.
Attachments
$_86.JPG
$_86.JPG (107.46 KiB) Viewed 10389 times
2002-Suzuki-Jimny-Manual-4wd-transfer-box-_57.jpg
2002-Suzuki-Jimny-Manual-4wd-transfer-box-_57.jpg (398.8 KiB) Viewed 10389 times
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

Rhinoman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Rhinoman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Hermida wrote: Thanks ADMIN to delete my VIN (JSAFJB43V........), I didn't realize my mistake. I checked with some VIN DECODERS, and guess my car is JB43 like is writhed in my VIN? And the year is V = 2000?
Alex.
The online VIN decoders are usually for US cars, the international standard VIN has no year code - in a Suzuki VIN the V denotes a tintop model. You have an electronic tcase so your model must be 2005 or later.
The 4WD can be stuck on of the vacuum holes in the hubs are blocked, this can happen if too much grease is used. You should also check that the motor at the rear of the transfer case is operating.
2006 Jimny JLX+ 1.3 VVT
2000 Vitara 4u2 - Calmini 3+3, 33" MTs, 5:83 R&Ps, winch bumper, remapped ECU.
1986 Suzuki SJ413K - G16 conversion
1984 Suzuki SJ410 - Blitz

Hermida
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Hermida » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:14 am

Darrell: Can't believe what you just send me... I have been browsing for hours, days, weeks, months. I got in touch with the Suzuki representative in Nigeria, Spain and UK... Nobody seems to have a clue of what I'm talking about or do not want to help. And you send it to me just like this. Thanks a million man!
I have printed them already, bind them and will keep this like my most valued treasure. I will start the work this weekend.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Hermida
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Hermida » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:45 pm

:pompom: