RS Full Float Kit on a Jimny - Which hubs?

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: RS Full Float Kit on a Jimny - Which hubs?

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:55 pm

it should be like this (not that I like this kit though as the calliper mounts are welded to the adapter :thumbdown: ) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-floater ... 3391178860
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

stimpy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: RS Full Float Kit on a Jimny - Which hubs?

Post by stimpy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 pm

ScottieJ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:37 pm
I don't really understand how the shaft lengths are the same on his jimny and samurai kits as Jimnys have wider axles? The semi float aftermarket axles are 27mm wider on the short side and 29mm wider on the long side compared to samurai semi float :hmm:

Also the RS jimmy kit my mate bought didn't have calliper mounts built into the adapters when from what I can work out the need to be to be able to run stock jimmy hubs and discs on the rear :hmm: It's not like the SJ hubs where the calliper mount bolts on separately.
I can't say I understand either mate, Rob seemed to infer that the extra width section occurs at the hubs. I can't say I've measured anything yet so can't confirm... I know Mike has a s[pare set of SJ ones tucked away I'm hoping he'll measure when he gets to them and we can confirm this in reality....

And yes, my adapters are just that, no calliper mounts. Certainly wouldn't have been hard to include them. Though that said, pretty easy to just turn up an adapter and drill the mounting holes whereas calliper mounts built in would be a few more machine processes.... And let's be honest, compared to some of the American stuff his is pretty cheap but plenty strong by comparison.