Timing Belt

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
SMITHEREEN
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Timing Belt

Post by SMITHEREEN » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:26 am

Hi folks, I need help finding the right timing belt please. It's a spanish built samurai SJ413 I've spoken to local Suzuki dealer and he says part is on back order/will never arrive. The question is does anyone know or have experience of fitting a new timing belt to a spanish built G13BA engine and do they know where I can get a timing belt for this?

Thanks

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Timing Belt

Post by maxaret » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:26 pm

One of the best known manufacturers of Drive Belts is Gates.
I recently got hold of 2 vee belts from ebay by getting the Gates Part Numbers from their online catalogue,they have the part numbers for Timing Belts listed as well
Hopefully your engine will be listed on here....

https://www.gatesautocat.com/

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Re: Timing Belt

Post by timwilks13 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:11 am

SMITHEREEN wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:26 am
Hi folks, I need help finding the right timing belt please. It's a spanish built samurai SJ413 I've spoken to local Suzuki dealer and he says part is on back order/will never arrive. The question is does anyone know or have experience of fitting a new timing belt to a spanish built G13BA engine and do they know where I can get a timing belt for this?

Thanks
Just ring your local motor factors, never had an issue getting a timing belt kit. I would personally try to avoid Blueprint as my general rule is to avoid their stuff.
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.