Convert 1997 carburettor samurai to EFI

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
Anton1
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Convert 1997 carburettor samurai to EFI

Post by Anton1 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:32 am

Hello. I am not sure whether I am in the right place but I need help. Been trying to convert my 1997 carburetor samurai to efi.

I got a a complete engine and harness of a single point injection (spi) G13 engine but unfortunately it didn't have a distributor, coil and igniter. Unfortunately there are so many out there, mainly G16 and I am unable to tell which from which. I am afraid trial and error will mess the cpu. Requesting help with at least pictures of how a SPI distributor, coil and igniter looks like and of possible where I can procure. Thank you

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Convert 1997 carburettor samurai to EFI

Post by Anton » Fri May 24, 2019 10:12 pm

:welcome2:

I'm not an expert on EFI by any means (although I'd love to learn). I can't help with the questions you have, but you might find that a megasquirt or a speeduino could get you running on (more or less) whatever hardware you can lay your hands on. I'd only consider that as a distant second choice though, as it's probably a lot more work in the long run.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map