SU Carbs

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
jodan-sj410
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: SU Carbs

Post by jodan-sj410 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:25 pm

I added a photo but not gone on?

Jay10williams
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jay10williams » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi, I have been reading thro the feed for a couple of days and have come across a lot of very helpful things! I've managed to find a Bbz needle for my hif44 carb on my vitara engine but can't seem to find where to buy the yellow Spring? Can anyone point me in the right direction please! Thanks

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Jay10williams wrote:Hi, I have been reading thro the feed for a couple of days and have come across a lot of very helpful things! I've managed to find a Bbz needle for my hif44 carb on my vitara engine but can't seem to find where to buy the yellow Spring? Can anyone point me in the right direction please! Thanks
http://sucarb.co.uk/

for everything you will ever need, usually easiest to just call them.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jay10williams
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jay10williams » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Awesome thanks Mate! Was looking on their website but just couldn't find a spring anywhere! I'll give them a ring now!

Jay10williams
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jay10williams » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:57 am

Hi guys! In need of Lil help!! I've just received my bfm needle and yellow spring for my hif44 carb, rebuilt to vmcarb with the new parts but now I have fitted it it doesn't seem to want to start! Only thing I have done since I removed it was cut the manifold from 2 small holes to 1 oval, and relocate the vacuum advance pipe to the oposite side! Actually done the vacuum advance pipe before removing and was running lovely :/ I know the bowl is leaking alil bit so a new deal on that is needed but I would of thought it should start even with that leaking! Will start with easy start so I'm guessing it's not getting fuel! Any ideas???

Jay10williams
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jay10williams » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:42 am

Really I need of help now! I've blown Thro all the pipes and everything seems ok just won't fire up

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:44 pm

I would pull the pipe of the carb, the one from the pump, get a mate to turn it ove and see if fule is being pumped
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Jay10williams
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jay10williams » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:26 pm

I've got a electronic fuel pump on it mate and I've tried that and it's pumping out! I've just put an old su carb on it, it's a smaller carb but it fires straight up!

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:43 pm

evening,

could any one point me in the right direction, i bought a gasket and seal set, I've been sorting the seals out on my hif44 carb,

is the seal in the picture for the pot off the top, cos the one that came off was paper? , and should there be a seal or washer on the top of the brass part that screws into the centre of the carb, i can't remember if there was when i took it out.
IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0223.jpg (141.43 KiB) Viewed 27439 times
Cheers

Ian. :)

1987 Suzuki SJ413 KJA - Fixed + Modified in my own way

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:19 pm

May be the rubber seal isn't for the top, it's way to thick. So should there be a gasket, because there isn't another that size in the kit.

Ok, so after reading up there shouldn't be a gasket between the pot and carb, so wondering why there was one on it that looked original. ?
Cheers

Ian. :)

1987 Suzuki SJ413 KJA - Fixed + Modified in my own way