weber carb tuning and info

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
timmo
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

weber carb tuning and info

Post by timmo » Thu May 12, 2011 11:57 am

Hello all, Just fitted weber carb to my 1.3 samurai. Engine runs well at speed but stalls when choke is applied. How do you adjust mixture? Well chuffed with it though seems to have improved throttle response no end

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: weber carb tuning

Post by Tramp » Thu May 12, 2011 5:36 pm

this should help you out..

Last edited by Tramp on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timmo
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by timmo » Thu May 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Nice one thanks! Hadnt spotted the idle solenoid so once thats connected things should run a bit better.

timmo
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by timmo » Fri May 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Just realised theres no idle solenoid on my weber carb for some reason plus no vacuum advance on the dizzy. Adjusted carb as per instructions and hey presto! runs an absolute treat :P

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Promoted to sticky status :thumbup: that's some useful info there tramp.

I'll add some more thanks to our member V8disco who works for Weber.

"Here is a tip for you guys with a 32/36 DGV that cuts out on extreme inclines. Firstly, dont turn the carb round. If you do then you will get a huge flat spot as the fuel surges from the jets on acceleration. The problem is that, on extreme inclines the carb actually floods, so you need to reduce the amount of fuel. To do this, reset the float level to 14mm and go down from 200 to 175 needle valve and that should sort it. We dont do this on all of them as it is only a tiny percentage that are used on extreme angles and it would add parts and labour cost for all customers to change all of them."
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: weber carb tuning and info

Post by ScottieJ » Fri May 27, 2011 12:32 pm

More useful Info for Weber carbs :thumbup: (Found on ACKs FAQ)

Weber Manual

32/36 installation guide

Weber trouble shooting guide
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Rjmaas512
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Rjmaas512 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Just installed a weber carb to my SJ.

My nikki carb needs a re-build. The cold start is knackered, the return spring doesn't work and it idles at 4000rpm...

I've installed it backwards (oops) but it seems to be running fine. Idles a lot nicer :).

I just need to install a choke if I can be bothered, and work out a way of connecting the acellerator cable (this was modified for the nikki, and now needs to be modified again).

I was wondering if there is any issue with me running it backwards before I carry on. I've heard lot of stuff, better on hill climb, I shouldn't run it backwards but change some settings etc.

I also have no idea what jets are on it, and I don't have a fuel regulator installed. It is on the 1.6 engine. I was planning on connecting the accelerator cable and seeing how she drives. If all seems to be working leave it I suppose?

ginns
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by ginns » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:19 pm

hi gusy i have a webber carb on my 1300 engine it was running fine then we went out for the first time it sounds like its sucking in to much air and feels like its loseing power i ajusted the fuel and air screw and it did run better for a few hours then started playing up again i had taped over the air box half way as i couldnt finish the snorkle in time and this helped with sucking in to much air then it started again then it would rev out clean it's got a missfire at full throttle eny one help ??

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Updated Tramps pics with the higher resolution copies that he sent me (now hosted on our server)
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks Scottie, I appreciate it,