Power Steering in a Bedford Rascal

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
sherrifrob
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Power Steering in a Bedford Rascal

Post by sherrifrob » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I managed to f*ck my back big style permanently, particularly the left side of it. The manual steering & general fun of parallel parking a brick on wheels (Bedford Rascal) is going to be a problem. I really, really don't want to sell it, I've already had to say bye to my motorbike.

What do we reckon about electric power steering going in a Bedford? The super carry & maruti both have the EPAS & the F10A engine & similar configuration. I'll stick in a reversing kit which I was planning on doing anyway but the welly needed to actually make the turns quickly enough is a problem.

To make matters worse 2 weeks before spine apocalypse I moved to a road with on street parking & a branch of kwikfit at one end so it's tight to say yhe least.

Any ideas?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Power Steering in a Bedford Rascal

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:25 pm

you should be able to easily make the power steering from a carry or maruti fit.

I've seen these units made to work in Sjs http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-ALTO-E ... Swgn5XE1dQ
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

sherrifrob
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Power Steering in a Bedford Rascal

Post by sherrifrob » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:35 pm

Thanks a mil,

I think so, the super carry didn't have EPAS as an option in Australia but had it as standard over here (theirs came from Japan, over here ours were made in europe) & its almost identical to the Rascal. So there has to be room, I think later versions had ESP so wiring can be a problem. The parts are pretty cheap so I think I'll just give it a go & hope for the best.

I know someone at Suzuki who's Rascal Yoda so I'll check with him n all.

Thanks again