Lack of Power on Acceleration

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Lack of Power on Acceleration

Post by maxaret » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:39 am

How much 'play' is there on the Dizzy Shaft ?
If the dizzy shaft is worn and can move sideyways it can play havoc with ign timing.
Assuming that the wiring/earths etc are all ok.

border
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by border » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:59 pm

maxaret wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:39 am
How much 'play' is there on the Dizzy Shaft ?
If the dizzy shaft is worn and can move sideyways it can play havoc with ign timing.
Assuming that the wiring/earths etc are all ok.
No play, poured petrol in carb but still wouldnt start, wondering if its a loose wire somewhere now, battery going flat too.
Bloody Nightmare.

border
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by border » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:05 pm

Well Defiantly got Fuel and Spark, cleaned all wires, did try to start a couple of times but still no joy.
Dont know what to try next.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:19 am

Probably worth giving the carb a quick strip and clean, https://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/how-to-t ... pand-clean
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

border
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by border » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:21 pm

ScottieJ wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:19 am
Probably worth giving the carb a quick strip and clean, https://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/how-to-t ... pand-clean
Thanks,
Well Checked again and fuel is getting through,
Now when I finally got it to start, it now just stops and keeps loosing the spark for some reason, think its something to do with the wireing , when I get the spark back, I put rotor and cap back on then it will fire up but just stop straight away, then No Spark again,
, There is 2 wires from coil going in to bulkhead loom and one from Dizzy in to loom, Should there be a wire from Coil straight to Dizzy ?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:45 pm

Thats the wiring diagram for it. When you start the car the ballast resistor is bypassed during cranking giving the coil the full12v once you stop cranking the coil is fed via the ballast resistor so the coil only sees 9v. If you've got a multimeter check the voltages at coil + while cranking and when?if its running.

wonder if you have a coil or ballast resistor going down. I've prob got a spare coil i could post you to try (once ive worked out which ones are any good :lol: ive got a box full of them)
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

border
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by border » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:36 pm

ScottieJ wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:45 pm

Thats the wiring diagram for it. When you start the car the ballast resistor is bypassed during cranking giving the coil the full12v once you stop cranking the coil is fed via the ballast resistor so the coil only sees 9v. If you've got a multimeter check the voltages at coil + while cranking and when?if its running.

wonder if you have a coil or ballast resistor going down. I've prob got a spare coil i could post you to try (once ive worked out which ones are any good :lol: ive got a box full of them)
Very kind of you Mate Thanks. I will send you my address.
I am convinced it is something to do with the little nut and bolt that the points and condensor wires attach to on the side of the distributor, sometimes when I move that or press on it I get a spark .