Battery Impact Guns

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
binge
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Battery Impact Guns

Post by binge » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:50 pm

The Snap-On 1/2 battery guns are good. Very good!
I have the older style one. The new lithium one is out, but it's knocking on for £700 with the VAT. Find your local snap-on rep as they were selling off the old style guns for around £250 a while back, not sure if they still are. Mine undoes anything I need it to. I originally bought it for removing the Focus 1.6 zetec crank pulleys.

I run a 3/8 Dewalt impact gun. And then a 1/4 Dewalt too (Same battery). I also have the dewalt drill, again, with the same battery. Makes it super handy for having endless power as I have 2 chargers and 4 batteries.

Hodgie812
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Battery Impact Guns

Post by Hodgie812 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:15 am

I have the old model milwaulkee 1/2" gun, it's been fantastic. It's had about 3years abuse on heavy plant. When it was younger it used to tighten bolts up beyond 600lbft. Comes with 3 w
Years warranty, all bits can be individually replaced. Ie separate motor and brushes, just replaced the casing as the rubber was pealing off £10 canny complain at that. It also survived my vitara falling on it, then diving 6ft from the 4post ramp.Just bought the new 3/8 fuel gun, it's fantastic, so small but got some serious torque. Snap on guns are great but I don't think they justify being double the cost of everything else. My mate has the new Milwaukee fuel gun it's awesome, brushless motor stops when you release the trigger rather than free spooling, loads of control for starting or just cracking nuts off.
Built with ebay!!!