4WD selection

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
Frenchy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

4WD selection

Post by Frenchy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:17 am

Ashamed to say after owning my SJ413 for over two years I've never used 4WD.The other day I was up in the moutains so I though I'd try it out.The stick shows 2H 4H 4L and N by pulling up the stick I could only get 4L and no light came on so I put it back into N and thought I'd check on here before doing something I may regret.

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Re: 4WD selection

Post by timwilks13 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Unless it's had the 2L mod done then I wouldn't worry about anything, just select the gears as per the shifter pattern.

Do you have fixed or manual locking front hubs? If they're manual remember to lock them or you won't have 4wd. Also never use 4wd on hard ground or you will get transmission wind up and then you could end up with issues!
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.