Swift - Loud and continuous squealing/chirping noise even after changing and tightening serpentine and drive belt

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
ykon
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Swift - Loud and continuous squealing/chirping noise even after changing and tightening serpentine and drive belt

Post by ykon » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:16 am

Hello ,
I have a 2008 Suzuki Swift 1.5 petrol with 140.000 miles

For the last few months, there was a loud squealing sound when I started the car that only lasted for a second or two.
Took the car to the garage and they said it was the belts
Changed both serpentine and drive belts but the problem is that now the sound lasts much longer (to the point that it is embarrassing driving the car because of the noise)
Went back to the garage, they tightened the belts but the sound returned after a couple of days
Now the garage says that it is probably the AC compressor

Another thing that I noticed is that lately, the steering wheel has become much heavier

Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be?

Thanks

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Swift - Loud and continuous squealing/chirping noise even after changing and tightening serpentine and drive belt

Post by ROBBIE » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:12 pm

Sorry don’t have a swift, but first thing I would have done was check belts and tension then I would move onto bearings on pumps and alternator. If steering is getting heavy could ps pump
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good