Window Steaming Up

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
Turquoisemama
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Window Steaming Up

Post by Turquoisemama » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:06 pm

Hi all.
This is probably an easy fix but my windows are steaming up on my 2017 Vitara. I've checked the seals of doors and windows, can't see anything out of the ordinary.
Any other suggestions?
This is a new thing. I've had the car 2 years.
Thanks

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Window Steaming Up

Post by donkeychomp » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:09 pm

Do you have damp carpets? Could be a leaky heater matrix.
If it ticks over...leave it

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Window Steaming Up

Post by maxaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:16 am

Hi Turquoise
Might be worthwhile opening bonnet and make sure your windscreen scuttle area is clear of leaves etc as they can fill up with leaves during autumn,leaf debris can clog up any drain holes.The scuttle area is under the wiper blades and I usually check under there periodically to make sure the whole area right across engine bay is clear of leaves,if the drain holes block up you can get water inside the car/on carpets etc.
Make sure you have the aircon/heating set to 'Fresh Air' and not 'Recirculation' mode.
I do not know how wet the weather has been where you live - it has been consistently wet up here LOL,we usually leave a cheap plastic dehumidifier in our cars over the winter to help a little.
Use Air Con to clear any condensation whilst driving but make sure the 'recirc' button is set to 'Fresh Air'.