Exhuast Fumes in car???

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
Beds
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Exhuast Fumes in car???

Post by Beds » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:45 pm

First off all I would like to say hello to all you fellow Suzuki owners. I bought one a couple of months ago a 410 SJ soft top for going shooting in.. What a good buy it has been, Bought her some new shoes/ mud tryes, new soft top and popped in a new clucht for good measure and by eck these little buggers go anywhere!!! Watch out rabbits i'm going to your house no matter where you live!!!

Anyway the only little problem i have is when i run the car with the window open i get exhaust fumes inside the car, its not too bad but as i drive with them down alot to get the gun out of the window it gets a little on your chest and its not good for my dog!! I have spotted a little hole on the last bend of the exhuast near the back that is not helping matters so i know i need to change it, however, before i change the exhaust i have noticed there is an exhuast avalable that can be repiped out of the side of the car. As anyone fitted one of these types and does it stop this problem or is it just a problem you have to put up with?

Many Thanks

Beds.

srcars
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Exhuast Fumes in car???

Post by srcars » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Re your fumes problem are you driving with the back window open ? If so this may be your problem as I belive it states in the manual not to because of fumes.

To be honest I always used to bob about with the back up with no problems. It would be worth checking how far out the back of your car your exhaust extends as maybe its been cut off or pushed back to far. Also get the hole sorted to eliminate that.

The only other thing I can think is if your shooting are you spending a lot of time traveling very slowly and shunting back and forth as that will make things worse. Bottom line is it shouldnt happen so should be sortable.

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by carnut » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:43 pm

you shouldnt get fumes in the truck??. when im competing, were going around slow, and ive never had fumes. also same when trialing, you have to have all windows down, so if you roll you dont get glass in the truck.
i would have a good look at the exhaust, and or replace it. the side exit is usally for extra ground clearance.
andy

Beds
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Beds » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks for the feed back Guys.

Kind Regards

Andy.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:19 pm

do you leave the floor bungs out? if so you might have an exhaust leak underneath and it could be coming up through the holes.

where in the country are you as i have a complete 410 exhaust for sale, did have a hole but i have welded it up!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Beds
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Beds » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi, thanks for the feed back, the bungs are complete, checked them at the weekend. I am 5 mins from Junction 26 of the M1.

not sure how far bath is away?

Many Thanks Andy.