axle stand probs

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
Hoops
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

axle stand probs

Post by Hoops » Thu May 08, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi guys great new site, really missed the old one so i thought i'd join up. I've got a Sammi last year & just getting around to sorting her. Rob at Off Road Armory, has done a great 2" shackle reversal, etc, but i would like to underseal her as she has only 2 very small rust spots, but i need to raise her , but i do not know where to fit the axle stands, it would be great if anyone could help, cos i'm no mechanic, & don't want to bend her. I will add some pics soon but i need my front wheel drilled off, as the nuts are knackered, & buget tight, but watch this space. P.S. do i still have to buy a round ?

Cheers, Hoops.

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: axle stand probs

Post by bourneyo » Thu May 08, 2008 8:39 pm

Welcome to the site fella, stick the jack underneath the spring plates, and the axle stands directly under the axles, it takes a serious amount of force to bend the axles, so puting it on stands wont be a problem. Put them as far out as posible to keep it all stable!

Dan 8-)
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj

zook
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zook » Wed May 14, 2008 5:19 pm

as dan said
but what ever you do don't do it like this

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Post by bourneyo » Wed May 14, 2008 11:34 pm

atleast he has plent of room to work in tho! I am well cramped in my garage, and spend alot of time on my back laying under my SJ!

Dan 8-)
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj